For all the machinist in our group...

• Help support Chopped Baggers :
A video of the new laser I bought to start my kustom speaker grillz. It will ENGRAVE acrylic, wood, leather, glass, marble, etc and CUTS acrylic, wood and leather.

Pretty much, if I can load it into the machine, I can burn it! Trying to find a way to do tattoos with it!

Hope the video works. Its of a kustom spiral binder I made for the business.

[video]http://flic.kr/p/ceG5tj[/video]

Zach

Site Supporter
That's pretty cool. Do you have a template made for a stock dash insert off a Road Glide or Ultra (I think they are the same). I'm getting an idea......

Zach

Zach, I have the stock template... and I am making the Streetglide template as we speak. Here is a sample of one I created for my bestest buddy... I will be a vendor here as soon as I get the funds to Bill. Then I will bombard you guys with all the ideas I have for some of the small details to make our bikes standout from the stockers out there!

dash sample by lickmstickmman, on Flickr
That's pretty cool. Do you have a template made for a stock dash insert off a Road Glide or Ultra (I think they are the same). I'm getting an idea......

Zach

Sloth, I picked up a used Epilog (the best IMO) that has a 35w laser and a 12x24 surface for $7k. This was a great deal, since the same machine is going for $11k on ebay/router sites... The beauty of the laser is the infinite levels of detail combined with it's cutting ability. Only thing it cant cut is metal... soft materials are prime! Even seen a video where they burned a logo on a dorito!
what the machine run?

we use a cnc engraver here for tags for push buttons ect and i wanna push for a laser

Zach

Site Supporter
Zach, I have the stock template... and I am making the Streetglide template as we speak. Here is a sample of one I created for my bestest buddy... I will be a vendor here as soon as I get the funds to Bill. Then I will bombard you guys with all the ideas I have for some of the small details to make our bikes standout from the stockers out there!

That looks great. I'll wait to see what you have once the sponsorship deal is done.

Zach

T

Thomason Performance

That's cool! Different to say the least! I'm curious to see all the cool new things you do with it...

Not trying to have Bill mad at me for advertising before contributing... but just to show what I can do, here is an idea. It would be cut in a "faugh" aluminum acrylic face with the graphic in black. The material is 1/16th thick and would have a sticky back to replace the stock panel. Probably priced at $25... still need to get my material list together... but a tentative price for something "ONE-OFF"!

Benji

SG dash template by lickmstickmman, on Flickr
How much for a street glide?im thinking Buggy in old English style letters

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
If you wanna REALLY stand out put some white L.E.D.S. underneath that cool dash insert and backlight that bitch! I engraved some by hand for my bike and it looked awesome.

whoa, whoa, whoa... say that again slower... you did what? I am diggin the idea. I can even get acrylic clear/frosted with color on the front... hmmmm? Let me work out the details about regular stuff, then I will work on that idea.
If you wanna REALLY stand out put some white L.E.D.S. underneath that cool dash insert and backlight that bitch! I engraved some by hand for my bike and it looked awesome.

Latest posts