Foam work on fender and bags

Baggerbill

Site Supporter
Excellent job!! I might be trying this. Question is... can I foam and carve, then foam some more on top of the first application. I want to build length and swoop back evenly as you did to the bags and fender, but then I want to build up the fender tire area some more. Hopefully my picture shows what I want to do. Thanks, Bill
Back Build-Up Layout.jpg

sscglide

Site Supporter
Yes baggerbill this foams amazing you can keep adding to it as you like in certain areas

sscglide

Site Supporter
uploadfromtaptalk1438060944114.jpggot paint on the bike now and just a bitbif info for you guys we had the bags perfect when i had our local bodyshop throw paint on them they baked it on and it shrunk the fiberglass in a bit as now you can faintly see where the bags were stretched no big deal ill be fixing them over the winter and re painting again i guess

75bbuzz

That looks awesome. Gonna end up using the foam as well. I might be asking ya some questions later sscglide for my build.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

sscglide

Site Supporter
I would prefer to not bake but our local bodyshop doesnt like tying up their booth space for too long

tboner

Cure it or let it air out as much as possible, alot of different materials. Put them in the sun if not a booth and bake the shit ou of it...great skills!

DMC

Site Supporter
I put them in a car with the windows rolled up on a hot day, in the sun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sscglide

Site Supporter
Learning experience id do it again in a heartbeat may lengthen them this winter

celticking05

I left mine out in the AZ (Hot) Sun for a few day ... Seemed to do the trick, but then again we can fry eggs on car hoods in Summer

sscglide

Site Supporter
uploadfromtaptalk1438504115422.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438504263803.jpgwell bikes all done now ass ends finished ,side dumps done,tourpack mount built and backrest made bike gets alot lower than i thought it would turned out awesome couldnt have done it without the help of this forum and its devoted members 650 mile ride tomorrow to sturgis can not wait

ClassiCutCustoms

Site Supporter
Trevor,

I know we have talked briefly about this but I don't remember what I need to get. I am taking stock bags to 8" and full back....... 2lb? 10lb? How much mix quart? Gallon?

sscglide

Site Supporter
2lb i bout the 1 gallon setup when you have lots to play around with cause bags wont be all you wanna try

Latest posts