Fitting Stock Chrome Road King Nacelle on HD Trike Triple Trees

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

smokenjoep01

Just trying to get some general feedback, suggestions on how the best way to go about this. I have already done a Road King with the Harley trike triple trees. To make it happen there was quite a bit of maching to the new trees. Had to make special clamps to bolt the stock chrome nacelle to the raked trees, and also had to fab a block for the fork lock. As well as some fork stops. One draw back to this was I wasent able to use the fork lock. And ended up that it just has the lock left in it to look normal, but has the pin mechanisim removed.
Is there somebody already making a kit to do this? I already have another one in progress and it seems to be popular around here. I was figuring if there wasent anybody doing a kit I could possibly make these parts and modify trees for a kit for others to be able to do themselves at home in there shop.

808Bagger

I had a stretched nacelle from BadDad but it wasn't raked, I raked it myself when I ran the tri trees. Oh and I was able to lock it....

Last edited:

smokenjoep01

Two things.
First, both conversions so far Ive done are chrome nacelles. Cant pull that off with the BD fiberglass. Any other options? And the headlight didnt seem at a odd angle. Is the BD nacelle raked?

Second, With the BD nacelle are you using the holes in the top tree for the risers to mount the h/b's? Or is there a offset plate? Im running into the trim plate not lining up if the bars are not place forward of the riser holes. Causing the need for the offset plate. Did that make sense to anybody?

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
with the bad dad raked nacelle everythink bolts up like stk. no extra parts or modified parts. that is with the tri glide trees. and headlight is at a perfect angle. if u put a stk roadking nacelle on rake trees headlight will be at wrong angle. if u wanted to keep chrome nacelle, u could use hhi raked trees with stk nacelle and use a headwinds chrome raked bucket. stk nacelle will not fit right with tri glide trees

PapaKonkel

I just removed the mounts on the tri-glide trees and welded them to the stock location. Sounds like you did the same, so I'm prob not much help. I did have to remove material from the back of the nacelle, and also eliminate the fork lock in order to make it fit the way I wanted it. I also had to remove material from the triple trees where the mounts were originally.

Last edited:

smokenjoep01

I just removed the mounts on the tri-glide trees and welded them to the stock location. Sounds like you did the same, so I'm prob not much help. I did have to remove material from the back of the nacelle, and also eliminate the fork lock in order to make it fit the way I wanted it. I also had to remove material from the triple trees where the mounts were originally.

I didnt weld them back. I used some clamps around the fork tubes.What did you do for risers?

As for the nacelle needing a raked bucket, I have done one before and it seemed fine. That was with a 21" wheel if that makes a difference. I have a photo of it.

Attachments

• Sonnys RK.jpg
    Sonnys RK.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,056
Last edited:

PapaKonkel

Here it is.. not the best way, but I was itching to get it on the road. The right way would be to weld a piece in completely filling the hole, then make the cut-out where it needs to be. I just removed material until it fit. Probably do correctly on the next rainy day. Easy for me since I do my own powder coating. Regardless, it's not noticeable unless your really looking close. I'm not as picky as some, so if your looking to build a show bike you may want to cough up for the raked nacelle. Anyway, hope this helps.

IMG_0389.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 205

smokenjoep01

I got ya! After I had wrapped my head around what you did, I was wondering if you were working with black parts. Its a great idea, but using chrome I would be ruining the chrome cutting/grinding on it.
What I did was make a offset plate with the bolts going through the original riser location. And threaded bungs were the risers need to be. I will post a picture for easier refferance. If I were using black your idea would save several hours in machining time and some material. Powder caots very affordable compared to chrome!

Latest posts