filling space in stock police bags

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

cthecope

Hey everybody I was thinkn bout reusing my stock. 02 police bags on my 87 electraglide......I like the way they open......but I want to smooth where the lock plate goes leaving that rectangular crater on the side ( some will say y not just by new bags) I would rather spend the cash on other goodies....I was thinking bout sanding area down to the glass.....fill the crater with fiber cloth and resisin till its near the top then lever the area with resin and sand smooth......I don’t mind doing g it as it will be a learning experience in glass work......thnx in advance ....cedn

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I don't have all the details, but you have the right idea...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

cthecope

What u doing up so late.....lol......don't u sleep bro...lmao....hve a gd nite or should I say good morn..ced

808Bagger

Hey everybody I was thinkn bout reusing my stock. 02 police bags on my 87 electraglide......I like the way they open......but I want to smooth where the lock plate goes leaving that rectangular crater on the side ( some will say y not just by new bags) I would rather spend the cash on other goodies....I was thinking bout sanding area down to the glass.....fill the crater with fiber cloth and resisin till its near the top then lever the area with resin and sand smooth......I don’t mind doing g it as it will be a learning experience in glass work......thnx in advance ....cedn

Maybe you can cover the with bonding material, get it shallow then fiberglass matte or cloth to get level then finish... Pucks can be replaced with flush mount type...

cthecope

Maybe you can cover the with bonding material, get it shallow then fiberglass matte or cloth to get level then finish... Pucks can be replaced with flush mount type...
Noel thats what im going to do replace the puck......I plan on adding resin cloth resin more cloth.......thats time consuming I know.......when u mention bonding material are u talkn bout bondo type material..if so.......would adding body filler to fill the void. ( would it crack under the resin and fiber from the riding vibration causing it to be come weak ) then adding fiber and resin is that what u mean

808Bagger

I was talking about the plyobond they use to mount the tank covers to the tank, bond extensions under the bags, and what bobby used to bond the side covers and lay Glassing over..

I don't think there will be a problem on that area you're talking about on the bags. Not too much of a stress point at that area. I use to have those bags cause mines a police RK. I sold those to get the convention bags that where crashed. I repaired those and had it for a while. Your set up will look tricked if you sealed that space where the latch normally goes......

cthecope

Oh man mike your ride is badasssssssssssssssss.......I love stock length bags especially when you have a fat tire.......are those the police bagss?????.....did u rake your front end..or did u add trees.....ced

cthecope

What would be the best place to buy......the resin what brand is good.....only place I know is home depot.....gorilla brand...what u guys think...ced

Latest posts