Fender has me worried

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Sloverado

I just finished bike up and took it to body shop to paint. I was thinking front fender is a bit low and may cause me some trouble going down the road. Should I trim some of it off before they work it over or am I just worring to much?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 238
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 247

Bill

I used to own some shit!
That does seem pretty low. I rotated mine a good bit trying to get the vertical section perpendicular to the ground, this raised the bottom/rear a little.

If you ever wack it you could trim it then and repaint.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Bagged64

If you worried, take it down and roll it over a speed bump and see what happens. I would think that would be the only thing that it would rub on in a daily ride. Looking good.

Sloverado

It never came close to hitting when loading and unloading on trailer. I jus wanted to check what others thought. I ride a lot and just didn't want to run into problems.

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
I trimmed about 1.5" off the bottom of mine......Just in case. I figured if it hit, it may take out the mounting tabs and not just crack the bottom. I also wanted it even with the bottom of the chin spoiler while dropped down.

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
I had the same 26" fender on my Simply Silver bike and it drove me crazy how it pointed up to the sky. I ended up standing the bike up straight and took a piece of metal and taped a sharpie to it at the bottom of the fenders highest point and used the metal to trace a flat line across the bottom. Then I started cutting to get the side to be as close to parallel with he ground as possible.

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
I had the same 26" fender on my Simply Silver bike and it drove me crazy how it pointed up to the sky. I ended up standing the bike up straight and took a piece of metal and taped a sharpie to it at the bottom of the fenders highest point and used the metal to trace a flat line across the bottom. Then I started cutting to get the side to be as close to parallel with he ground as possible.

well my question is why cant you roll the fender forward and bring the nose down so its level instead of pointing to the sky. all those fenders even the stock ones do this. it drive me nuts to see this. IMO

Bill

I used to own some shit!
well my question is why cant you roll the fender forward and bring the nose down so its level instead of pointing to the sky. all those fenders even the stock ones do this. it drive me nuts to see this. IMO

I rolled mine forward as much as possible without adding fiberglass. I had to reshape both sides afterwards to get it to look right.

It was a bit harder than one would think.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: