Fat front tire

Cousin Billy

Hope I don't get exiled from the site for this:chargrined:, but here is my question. Perhaps cause I'm an old fart or for whatever reason, I still like a fat front tire. I'm well aware that this isn't the current style. Just would like some input or experiences from others that may have info on a larger than stock front tire, 16 or 18 inch with like a 150 series tire, or whatever might fit within the stock fork legs. Fender is another story. On the back of Native Customs business cards, there is a line which read "180 front tire kits". Might be a misprint n meant rear. I dunno.

I recently sent Paul @ Native Customs an e-mail with this and several other questions. Perhaps when he finds a few free minutes, he can give his input. I have my own business too, so I know finding time is tough.

Thanks gang,
CB

dbell66253

One of THE 150!
I can't help you with much info, but I don't think anybody will want to excile you because you like fat front tires, I know it doesn't seem to be the current style, but we all know how things change. I myself am not crazy about skulls, and probably will never go above a 21" front, I hope that won't get me kicked out.:neglected:

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I had a 140 on an 18" on my last bike that looked and road great.

I love fat front tires "Think Exile Cycles" and would love to see it worked into a Bagger.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Cousin Billy

Thanks for the responses. Keep em coming. Gonna do a 180 rear on the 08 sg. Wanna see what I can squeeze on the front. What ya'll think about the 180 rear conversion? Gotta buy a wheel anyway, should I go 17" or stay 16". Don't want 18 on the rear. Definitely doing wire spoke front. Probably solid rear, unless I can use a later model HD 17" factory. Be nice to squeeze a 200 back there. But I'm not going to do that because of too much $$.

Thanks again,
CB

01fxdx

One of THE 150!
paul at native customs ran an 18"x5 front with a 160 on it for a while. widened a stock fender and machined a set of fork legs to make it fit. i bet he still has those parts. give him a call

CHAINSAW

Site Supporter Until The World Stops Spinning!
I am also a lover of fat front tires. Infact after reading this thread, now Im kinda leaning towards maybe doing that to my bike instead of going larger diameter. If anyone else has any input or pics, please share!!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
A custom made set of trees, a widened FL fender, and front&rear 200 mm tires would be sick!

CHAINSAW

Site Supporter Until The World Stops Spinning!
A custom made set of trees, a widened FL fender, and front&rear 200 mm tires would be sick!
Would be a lot of work on a fairing bike. Road Glides ain't got room for much more, and electra glides would have a lot of fabbing on the bottom part. A Road King would be the perfect canidate for that.

Latest posts