electrical problem on a Ultra

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Mr.Goodtime

Site Supporter
So my Dad and I rode to TN. Sat to see some family. As we started back his bike started running ruff at idle. We stopped for gas and thats when we noticed that he had no blinkers, no brake light, and no Speedo??? The bike runs fine at speed but if you stop it will quit on you. It had headlight and tail running light. We checked all the fuses and they were good. We rode back and havent had time to look into it yet. Any insight would be great. Its a 03 Ultra...Thanks

Opunui

Check voltage to blinkers and brake light first. Is it the speedo instrumentation light that's not working or the pickup? Just because you visually checked the fuses doesn't mean there all good. Check the continuity between the poles or legs of the fuse.

Keep us posted.

Mr.Goodtime

Site Supporter
On the speedo its the pick up...doesnt read speed....I will check for good contact tomorrow....Now he tells me it kinda happend when he rode to the keys then it corrected its self....sounds like a bad connection somewhere.

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
NOPE! The FIRST thing you need to do is clean BOTH battery connections. Doesn't matter if they are tight, take them off and clean them. I had the exact same problem on a trip to PCB. Mine finally quit on the side of the road. I felt like a fool when I finally figured out what it was. This might not be your problem but it happens A-LOT. Don't over think and skip the easy stuff.

Latest posts