Dual spke air breathers

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

lumper

I found a pic of a custom that has what looks like a dual air breather kit, like a custom throttle body running to both units or something.

I see them available for the Suzuki Boulevard 109 as kits but none for Harley vtwins.

Is there a way to run both on our Harleys like one on each side?

Here are a couple of pics of the bike I saw it on.

100009.jpg100010.jpg$(KGrHqJ,!hIF!PJDmbo8BQSryvYTjQ~~60_57.jpg

Thanks for any info
Lump

ps is that a nasty bike or what? I love the teeth.

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348865705.332066.jpg this is what I went with and offers excellent power and easy on the budget, I have seen then on harley but way expensive like $1000

Ride it like you stole it!

lumper

Ok, thanks, I found these.
So can I replace my big sucka air breather on my 07 efi Road King with one of these or are they only for carb models?
Never mind I found one for efi with dual spikes.

I need to see if the spikes from another unit will fit on yours so I can have black spikes and not pay 1400$, even buying two other breathers to steal the spikes would still only cost 1/2 of the s&s spikes.

http://bdmstl.com/products/air-cleanersintakes

I just noticed the price for the spike one is triple,!! 1395.00 vs 525.00 wtf

Last edited:

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
I could be wrong but I think those are for carb only not efi, I had a hyper charger and went to my setup now and couldn't believe the power difference, look on ebay u should be able to find it for just under &500

lumper

The bike had a stage 1 from the previous owner but I am going to change pipes and do this air mod and I bet after a tune it helps with torque, seems like it is going to get a lot more air than the big sucka I am using now.

Lump

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Exactly I did the same thing, my bike was used with the stage 1 download then I started changing things and it started running hot do I just put on a cobra unit and what a difference it's cooler and runs fantastic

lumper

I would still like to find a unit like in that pic that runs on both sides, what a cool look and longer aluminum housing to cool the air more before it enters motor.
Almost like a cold air induction kit.
Lump

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
What do u mean both sides? That's kind of what my setup is like ur only gonna get so much air into the carb

lumper

What do u mean both sides?

100009.jpg

If you notice in the pics there is a spike on each side due to a long intake pipe running off the breather mounts, so they ran one breather on each side of the bike for a more uniform look.
This pic shows the intake
100010.jpg

So you have one on each side as opposed to both on the same side.
IT is just a look thing, not looking for more air just think it would be great to use a similar type intake to do that.
Lump

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Sorry didn't see that i dont think its that functional but it's ur choice I went for power and overall performance

lumper

yeah I didnt think it was practical, I just love the look,.
I am going to do one like yours with two on one side though.
I think it will look great and hopefully pull more air.
I was thinking I might do air horns like I usually do and I could use those spike covers for horns and put one on each side, that might look pretty cool with the mods I am doing
Still do the spike breathers but do horns on the opposite side to match.
Lump

Last edited:

Latest posts