Drug my fender, now what?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

TraceCave Customs

Well a few weeks ago I was pulling into a parking lot that had a sharp incline and drug the bottom of my Sinister rear fender and it being fiberglass it flaked a little and chipped the paint pretty good on the bottom. I went and bought some touch up paint just to cover up the white that was showing from the flaked glass. What can I do to fix this without pulling the fender? I am thinking about grinding 1/4" or so off the tip to get rid of the damaged area and hopefully it wont drag again. Whats the best approach to this? Is this stupid? LOL

ATT43152.jpgATT78628.jpg

Opunui

Make a template out of wax paper of your fender radius draw with a sharpie so you can see it..then move it up 1/4" or beyond to eliminate the damaged area. After you cut out your template trace it back on your fender.

Zach

Site Supporter
Just ride it and ditch the story about the driveway. Make up some shit about you yanking the front end up and dragging it.

Zach

"Z"

Just machine some titanium and mount it around the end and drag it again!

Agreed.... Build'em and sell'em! There's sure to be a market for titanium rear fender extensions. If not now there will be as more and more baggers get chopped. lol!!!

sinthium inc

If you are going to cut it, it will be faster to lay out 1/4" tape along the bottom edge, then tape on top of that edge. Peel the 1/4" off and cut. This will give you a perfect line to follow without having to cut templates. once its cut, just brush the edge with black and it will never show. You can also seal the edge with clear to prevent chipping.

thecort

If you are going to cut it, it will be faster to lay out 1/4" tape along the bottom edge, then tape on top of that edge. Peel the 1/4" off and cut. This will give you a perfect line to follow without having to cut templates. once its cut, just brush the edge with black and it will never show. You can also seal the edge with clear to prevent chipping.

Great tip!

TraceCave Customs

Just ride it and ditch the story about the driveway. Make up some shit about you yanking the front end up and dragging it.

Zach

I actually did use that one on one of my friends. LOL

Just machine some titanium and mount it around the end and drag it again!

I thought about how I could add some billet piece to the end to make it look better.

How steep was the driveway, shit.

Well it was right after I put the air ride on and it was probably way low and my wife was on the back so it prob didn't take much. I was pissed. Thought I was gonna cry. LOL

Get some of those chrome door edge guards made for cars and slip one of those on

Yea that would be nice. Maybe add some curb feelers too! :5 (3):

TraceCave Customs

I think I may try it. What would you use to cut it?

N

Nautical Customs

It suck but is part of riding low. :( I ve done it and one of my customer did it on his first ride ever. He took it all out :(

OutlawBagger

Vendor
Maybe if you lost some weight you big lug that shit wouldn't happen.

I would do what others have mentioned. Just cut a little off the bottom and be done with it or you could make some fancy shit from that cnc machine and put it there to make sparks fly.

Latest posts