Dropping the front?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Coach

I just want to verify that if I do a two inch drop on the front with progressive springs that im not going to bottom out and smack the front fender. Im on a 21 up front. Any help would be appreciated.

keebee

I wouldn't think you will have a problem but I don't have first hand experience. 21" wheel should still give you plenty of room even with a 2" drop.

customglide

I have a21 with progressive Monotube 2" drop up front. I have put over 7k miles on and never bottomed. I used 8oz of screaming eagle heavy weight oil when installing

thecort

To be safe add a heavier fork oil when installing the drop kit. Are you doing a monotube kit or drop springs? There's a difference. Less dive with the monotone kit.

Tap it!

Stone King

I have the monotube as well with no problems at all. Not sure about the regular drop kit.

www.facebook.com/thestoneking

slothy

Balls
way to find out, when springs are out - push forks up til they hit the bottom of fork lower - you'll see "if" it will or not. if they do hard stops will fix ya up

Coach

I have a spring kit. I will check the travel when I have it apart. Will I need to pull the tubes to install the springs or add/remove fluid?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I have a spring kit. I will check the travel when I have it apart. Will I need to pull the tubes to install the springs or add/remove fluid?

You can do it without pulling the tubes but it may be easier to pull them. Definatly check your travel with the springs out like Slothy said, it's the only way to gauruntee you won't hit the fender.

Gdub

One of THE 150!
You are good, unless you try jumping it, you should have no problems. I am running the same setup.

Latest posts