Dropped my bike his morning!!!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

ramnj

One of THE 150!
Went to breakfast with some friends this morning and when I parked it was on a little of an angle. Putting the center stand down, I lost my balance and dropped the bike. Just scratched the crash bar and about one inch on the left bag. It was more embarrassing than anything.

And to think I almost took the crash bar off yesterday.

thecort

Been there too. Dropped it on my lawn. Thought about taking my crash bar off about the same time also. That quickly changed my mine. I would've had a bunch of damage without it.
No one saw it happen lol

Tap it!

ramnj

One of THE 150!
I wrote the post right after it happened. Just got home and took a closer look and its not that bad. I'll get the crash bar powder coated and touch up the bag. You can't see the scratch on the bag, but you can see the one on the crash bar if you lean a little.

Just glad its not that bad. Crash guard NEVER coming off!

Jeremy1976

Sorry to hear bud. As others have said at least you did not get hurt. My father in law was helping with changing my oil on my Night Train one time last year and he accidentally pushed the kick stand up when I was pushing the bike ahead to put the oil pan underneath it. It ended up going down and pinning him underneath above his shoulder. He did not get hurt but scary for sure. It is just a very unnatural look to see a bike on its side...

Redglide75

I about laid mine done in an intersection one day. It was about 2" from being on the ground and I bout strained a nut trying to keep it up. The bad think is there where bystanders. Embarrassing!!

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
Stopped for a cheeseburger last weekend at a local watering hole. Old crusty guy pulled up on a old Honda (70's bagger) and immediately fell over in the parking lot. Dead drunk at 11:30 in the morning. Sad, sad deal... and dangerous. In your own yard, at midnight, on the grass; totally reasonable... :17:

WFO-SG

Banned
I literally did this 5 mins after a dealer dropped off my GSXR. Minor fairing scratches and broke clutch lever. I was pissed. I was sitting on it talking to my GF at the time, and it just tipped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iowabagger

Site Supporter
lol heres one l was washing my cbr 954 back in 03 at car wash this was 2nd day had the bike, brand new. Pushed it outta the bay, kick stand was still down. I set it on what i thought was fully extended kickstand. Well went down the left side with chamois bent down to clean rims and lower part of fairing, and boom damn thing feel over on me pinning me against the concrete and the bike. didnt want to kick it off would have scratched the shit out of it more. well this oldguy runs over, trys to pick it up, can't, in the mean time , hes grabbing by the right side mirror and freakin snapped the mirror right off the fairing and so was really pissed slid out from the bike.picked her up thanked the guy for the help. so mad at myself for such a dumb ass move on my part for not checking the kickstand...lol

stupid_rope

Resident JerkFade
'Dropped' it in a ditch doing 60 drunk in a thunder storm...

Dropped it when the clutch got out of adjustment...

Dropped it last month while doing a u-turn in my buddy's gravel driveway. Front tire hit some wet grass on the edge of the driveway and the scooter fell on the engine guard. He says: "What, no kickstand?"

toosons

lol heres one l was washing my cbr 954 back in 03 at car wash this was 2nd day had the bike, brand new. Pushed it outta the bay, kick stand was still down. I set it on what i thought was fully extended kickstand. Well went down the left side with chamois bent down to clean rims and lower part of fairing, and boom damn thing feel over on me pinning me against the concrete and the bike. didnt want to kick it off would have scratched the shit out of it more. well this oldguy runs over, trys to pick it up, can't, in the mean time , hes grabbing by the right side mirror and freakin snapped the mirror right off the fairing and so was really pissed slid out from the bike.picked her up thanked the guy for the help. so mad at myself for such a dumb ass move on my part for not checking the kickstand...lol

lmao

808Bagger

Lol don't feel too bad! When I had my 99 YZF R1 back in the day when I was heavy into stunting. Just getting off work at the airport, my co worker who always eggs me on to do a rolling burn out. I decided to do one in front the office. It was a hot day and my tires were sticky as hell so I couldnt spin the tires. That sucker was too stubborn! While trying to attempt a burn out and standing on the rear sets, my bike died out in gear and cause the bike to launch me off over the handle bars, falling flat on my ass and bike on the ground. Co workers were laughing their ass off and tourist coming up behind me on a one lane road! Fuck that was so stupid and embarrassing for me. That's what I get for showing off, what a dumbass!!! Here's my bike..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334008381.997425.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334008381.997425.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 94

fame2

One of THE 150!
don't feel bad man...i had my dirtbike literally fly off my trailer the other day...i used an old ratchet strap that went bad...lesson learned...im just glad that i didn't hurt anyone near me! some scary sh*t

Latest posts