Dragging bags......

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

tboner

I want 6" and 8" extended bags and matching fender as much as the next guy but I have to ask, Why spend close to 1500 on parts then a shitload to have them painted (I have 3 stage paint) only to drag the hell out of them? I like the look as much as anyone but am I missing something? Am I wrong and the bags aren't dragging or are they and the cool factor is worth the $$.

Someone set me straight, Topshot has a GB going on and Camtech, Clyent has some nice stretched bags. Is this the latest thing?

I just cant see pulling into a parking lot and showing off my chewed up bags......I have 4.5" bags now and never scraped them. How low can ya go before they drag?

rob

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
Yea, I pretty much think the way you do. I had 4" extended Summax bags on my 02, with a 2" lowering kit. Ground the candy apple green off them a couple times. I guess that would be like a 6" extension. Unless they are measuring down the back of the bag. If someone puts more angle on the bag, that would give a higher measurement, but not a true drop? I was wondering if this is what their doing when they say 8" extended bags.

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
I scrapped my 4" bags just as much as my 6". Bag skids are your best friend.

Replacing the Arnott 12" with Monroes gave me 2 more inches to adjust height. And I've never had anybody comment that bringing it back up to stock height makes it look funny. I can ride the twisties without too much problem but I can't do what I did when it was stock. If I feel the need to get aggressive in the hills someday, I'll pick up a used $3000 crotch rocket.

Stone King

I scrap my 4in all the time. I just put skid plates on them so we will see. I love the look of the lower bags but 4 is actually plenty for me. I ride kind of hard though. (think i'm still on a sportbike lol)

Baddbagger

Skid plates and air ride is a must when you start getting longer bags. The look in my opinion is worth the $$ to put $300 for air ride and skid plates. The lower the better. Just my opinion though.

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
mine are through the primer and into the gel
It doesn't take long. I know mine were almost through the fiberglass after one good day of twisties and I think I only rubbed twice. The new set I'm doing have about a 45* taperer at the bottom to stop this. I only went with the 4" extended, but they are 2" wider than factory.

TNTCC

Site Supporter
I run 2" to 4" S-curve bags at stock height and was told I was leaving white stripes thru the turns. Getting ready to repaint fairing from a deer deciding he wanted to be a hood ornament so my painter is gonna keep the angle I have ground in the bags, repaint and I'm adding titanium rub strips.

Latest posts