DNA wheels

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

MMMichael

What are your guys' thoughts on DNA spoke wheels? They have a really cool look to them!! The reviews I've read for them are garbage though.... I have read one good review on here about them, the rest haven't been good at all.

Just thought I'd ask what you guys thought. (No better people to ask other than the Chopped Bagger forum! :1:)

Any pics of the people who are running them would be sweet. I really dig the look of spoke wheels on a bagger for some reason..

Thanks!

-Michael

MMMichael

The wheels are fine. But the customer service is the worst. Very hard people to deal with.

I'm sure that's the case. I've read one with the rim actually cracking... However it seems people blow things out of proportion.

I think the spoke wheel look is rad!! And the price is right for the DNA wheels. I understand you get what you pay for.. but it seems that with these they are either "junk" or "perfect".

N

Nautical Customs

We use to sell them till a rear fat spoke wheel came apart on a customer and DNA told us they didn't care. We replaced the customers wheels with sinister wheel and he was happy! We wont sell something that the manufactures wont back up. good luck your do get what u pay for. Just our professional experiences.

WanaRyd Wheels

Extreme Vendor
Not to thread jack or bad mouth, but if the customer service is lacking and you are somewhat open minded, we do carry plenty of different brands of wheels. From our own WanaRyd line, to RC, PM, Colorado Custom, RSD, the list goes on. Feel free to browse our site and take a look. All of our Chopped Baggers members get special pricing so I'm sure it will stay in your budget! Happy new year!

Harley Wheels

RKCMATT

please dont take this the wrong way, but why do wheels cost so much $$$$ ? same as the rake kits etc ?

i love some of the designs your website have but cant justify the cost, i can get a whole set of nice wheels for my 50 chevy 3100 for less than a pair of Harley wheels :/

WanaRyd Wheels

Extreme Vendor
No no not at all. It's actually a very common question. The main reason you are seeing such a price difference is because of the way the wheels are made. Most aftermarket Harley wheels that you see are forged aluminium. The set of wheels you are browsing for your 50 chevy is more than likely cast aluminium. That is a huge difference in the way they are made and thus a big difference in price. When you see one of our wheels or any other reputable wheel company, these are actually forged blanks that are CNC machined to get you such a detailed look. They are custom made for you and are extremely strong. The other way is to simply pour aluminium into a mold and boom, there's your wheel. It is a very cheap process. Ever notice how cheap you can get a stock Harley wheel for? There's a reason. If you want to relate it more to your car, go on ebay or flip through a automotive magazine advertising those wheel packages for $799 with tires. Then check out a company like iForged or HRE. They are forged aluminium, not afraid of pot holes, usually multi-piece wheels, have way more detail and may run you $930 PER wheel. It is an old saying that will just never die, you get what you pay for.

WanaRyd Wheels

Extreme Vendor
Here is a shot of an old build I did. Easily 3 years ago, the car is long gone but I still have the wheels and they look awesome. Yes I probably paid more for the wheels than the car, but I rode on quality everyday!

rear.jpg

MMMichael

Not to thread jack or bad mouth, but if the customer service is lacking and you are somewhat open minded, we do carry plenty of different brands of wheels. From our own WanaRyd line, to RC, PM, Colorado Custom, RSD, the list goes on. Feel free to browse our site and take a look. All of our Chopped Baggers members get special pricing so I'm sure it will stay in your budget! Happy new year!

Harley Wheels

Definitely not in my budget.. lol NICE wheels though.. The reason I wanted DNA wheel reviews was because they were cheap. The down side to that is the whole "you get what you pay for".

I think I will just buy a set and then figure out for myself. Unless a better deal on a used wheel comes along. I just can't budget for $1,200+ in just a wheel.

Thanks for the info, and I will definitely keep you in mind if some money comes up!

Zach

Site Supporter
I've been running a 21" DNA 60 spoke for 3 years with no problems...

Mine are DNA 60 spokes. I've had them on since July 2007. I broke a couple of spokes on the front wheel earlier this year. I hit a pot hole so hard the fender kissed the engine guard. I called them up and had a set of 10 replacement spokes/nipples in my hand in less than a week. I've heard of many other people having a tough time dealing with them. I've just been lucky.

May 19.jpg

Zach

Deeganstata

Vendor
looks great
Mine are DNA 60 spokes. I've had them on since July 2007. I broke a couple of spokes on the front wheel earlier this year. I hit a pot hole so hard the fender kissed the engine guard. I called them up and had a set of 10 replacement spokes/nipples in my hand in less than a week. I've heard of many other people having a tough time dealing with them. I've just been lucky.

View attachment 16387

Zach

MMMichael

View attachment 16387

Zach

From the sounds of it you are very lucky!! But a lot of negative reviews snowball quickly I've found out...

You're bike is badass by the way!

Latest posts