DNA Mammoth Spoke 21/16 Review

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
I know there is a lot of info out there hating on DNA's spoke wheels so I figured I should share my experience with them so far. I've had them about 2 months now and have had ZERO issues with them. They came to my house in about 5 weeks which obviously is a long time but I was told before hand that it would take that long so no surprise. They showed up put together nicely with no flaws. They had tons of sealant around the wheel to seal the spokes so you didn't have to run tubes (I didn't). The only thing that sucked with them is all the sealant made it pretty hard to stretch the tire around the wheel because let it fall in the drop center. They balanced out with a lot less weight than expected considering how much they weight (1oz on the front and 1.5oz on the rear I think). I put a Metzler 880 on the rear and an Avon AM41 90-21 on the front because the Metz was back ordered. My bike seems to ride smoother with them which is probably due to the weight. All those geezers that say 21's ruin the ride of the bike are just being grouchy and stuck in their ways lol because even with this thin 90-21 my bike feels great. I guess the only bad I would have to say about them is that they are a pain in the ass to clean and they are kind of heavy. Consider me a satisfied customer!

98customRoadGlide

There's nothing wrong with those rims at all, actually might do a 23 with chrome spokes and black lip. Im currently running a chrome 21 DNA fat spoke, no issues and it fits the look of my bike

AChrist5601

Need Help Balancing DNA 21

I bought a DNA chrome 21 for my street glide. We put in 1 oz of dyna-beads and it shakes pretty bad from about 70mph and above. Looking for some tips, did you use actual weights or dyna-beads??? If you used weights, where did you get them??? Thanks for the help.

Bagged64

I had weights on my DNA 21" which were just regular stick on weights. I just had my wheel painted and did 2 ounces of dynabeads in it and am possibly going to ride it for the first time today.

ScrubCycles

Im a vendor of both DNA, and Ride Wright, and have had both on my bikes. Both are great rims, I just wish DNA would stop creeping up their prices ;)!!!!

Latest posts