DIY stretch

DMC

Site Supporter
What do y'all think? Too low? They're 7 1/2 with a 1" bezel. I've seen some 8" bags, but not this far back (40 degree angle).

I still have a little tweaking to do on the left one and then work on the right one, but I think the shape is pretty much there. Next step is fiberglass, after I get the small flare welded on the fender.

Got the idea from another member here and its working great so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

kane

Very nice stretch!
What kind of fender is that and did you start with OEM bags or aftermarket fiberglass bags?

DMC

Site Supporter
Very nice stretch!
What kind of fender is that and did you start with OEM bags or aftermarket fiberglass bags?
I started with stock bags and stock fender. The fender was widened about 5 inches and stretched quite a bit, but I still need to figure out what length is going to work.

tcenzi

Site Supporter
looks awsome man Ill pm you something else I just did with the side covers

tcenzi

Site Supporter
yes the stuff bonds like crazy that same bike with the side covers fell over friday when i had it off the lift tipped over right on the bag jc1.jpgcracked the bottom corner held where it was bonded to the bag no problem jc1.jpg

Attachments

DMC

Site Supporter
yes the stuff bonds like crazy that same bike with the side covers fell over friday when i had it off the lift tipped over right on the bag View attachment 31732cracked the bottom corner held where it was bonded to the bag no problem View attachment 31732
Just curious - how many layers of 'glass do you use? I was planning on using 3 layers of 1.5 oz mat with a core material between layer one and two. Then smooth everything out with the fiber resin (bondo-glass), and final finishing with regular filler.

metaldrummer

Site Supporter
Bad ass!!! I guess I know what I'm gonna do with my stock bags and fender that are setting in the building.

getcha pull

DMC

Site Supporter
Bags look awesome! where did u get everything to do this?
I got it from a local fiberglass supply store. I think US Composites has the 2lb density foam.

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
how much did you use on your bags? I'm thinking I'm going to do a 5-6 stretch and maybe 3-4 longer..

DMC

Site Supporter
how much did you use on your bags? I'm thinking I'm going to do a 5-6 stretch and maybe 3-4 longer..
I ended up using a 1 qt kit on each bag. I had a little extra, but I couldn't have done it with one kit. I have just enough left over to do some side covers.

Latest posts