Dirty Air

LilWick

Has anyone tried these yet? https://dirtyworks-kc.com/products/d...luminum-shocks

I am wondering how is the ride for a light rider?
I have them and love them. Not sure how light, light is, but I am 175 and they are great. Got costume length ones, same collapsed length as the monroe, but one inch shorter extended length. They are 1000% better than the monroe, actually have some rebound and don't hit as hard if you bottom.

Puzzled

Staff member
Yes, I've used 3 sets so far. For me I'd never use a set of converted Corvette shocks again. My biggest issue with the aluminum body shock is they ride so dam good aired out I forget to air them up when pulling into someplace and I drag my fender!

Attachments

drtumolo

I use my streetglide for touring but I am only 5'4" and 125 lbs so the idea of being able to drop the bike when in tight areas is a plus but I need a better ride then I am currently getting with the Monroe shocks

Puzzled

Staff member
I use my streetglide for touring but I am only 5'4" and 125 lbs so the idea of being able to drop the bike when in tight areas is a plus but I need a better ride then I am currently getting with the Monroe shocks
No comparison between the Aluminum body shocks and the Monroe's. Try a set as you will not be disappointed.

drtumolo

I am currently running xotic air ride shocks. There custom made for xotic by Monroe and are basically the corvette shocks everyone uses except with a shorter extended length so there is no contact with exhaust. I really like the versatility of the air ride since I am only 5'4" but I am tired of the rough ride. I am thinking something different and saw the above mentioned aluminum touring shocks from dirty air. Does anyone have first hand experience with an alternative that might be better.

Puzzled

Staff member
Could you comment on how these shocks would ride compared to legend air or Arnott shocks?
I had the Arnott adjustable shocks and they were terrible. I tried the first generation Legends . They weren't bad, they just didn't last. I tried the second generation Legends and they were harsh. My issue with most of the shocks is the lack of travel. For a short travel shock I like the inexpensive
Arnott Bilsteins. Arnott now has an extended travel shock that I've yet to try. So I'd go with the Dirty Air aluminum body shocks or the Arnott extended travel (4" I think).

drtumolo

I am still undecided on what suspension to go with.
Does anyone make an air ride shock for a streetglide that provides a ride quality comparable to a high end shock like ohlins or proaction?

Latest posts