Difference in preABS wheels and ABS wheels

• Help support Chopped Baggers :
My bike is a 2001, and since this frappin place has me on a 23-26" quest, I have been contemplating selling the 21" and contacting Wanaryd and getting a new wheel. I have a buddy with a 2011 that is interested in my wheel. So what is the real difference in wheels? ABS hub is offset differently or what?

Just trying to gather some basic knowledge...

Benji

SO do you think it's a matter of bearing change... I should be researching this instead of a thread, but ti will be here as knowledge for me and others...

WanaRyd Wheels

Extreme Vendor
The ABS bearing is not the only change that you need here, you will need a whole new hub since this isn't going on the same year bike. They can range anywhere from $220-$300 dollars.

What kind of wheel are you selling, we may be able to help you get a new hub.

Dave, it's a DNA wheel. You know from the several emails back and forth with me that I am having a tough time finding a 5star wheel that the spoke gets smaller to the outside. My 21" is still new, so it wouldnt be a problem to sell, just trying to help a buddy while stepping up to the 23" I want (w/o it costing him a fortune)... So it sounds like it would work, but a hub/bearing/spacer change would be in order...
The ABS bearing is not the only change that you need here, you will need a whole new hub since this isn't going on the same year bike. They can range anywhere from $220-$300 dollars.

What kind of wheel are you selling, we may be able to help you get a new hub.

Latest posts