Difference in neck rake process

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Sedona Blue

Site Supporter
What is the difference in raking your neck this way oppose to using the HHI neck. Trying to understand why someone would go thru all this work to rake a neck when it looks like the HHI kit is simpler. Does it give you a better ride?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
This way looks more factory but is a bit more than the average Joe might want to tackle.

If I do another one I would probably do it more like this but not using a kit at all.

Another benefit is your wire trough still fits correctly using this method.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
Bills got it. This will look factory. The hhi kit you can do without a jig and is straight forward. The only thing is that you are stuck with their stretch configuration. If you do it this way, you can set your neck height and stretch. I personally don't like the wheel sticking out too far like the neck rake kit so I do my own set up. Just make sure your geometry and trail is correct or you will have wobbles. We will post a new thread on how to do a factory style neck rake on 09 and newer frames.

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
Also we don't recommend doing it like your picture. We make plates do that the whole neck is welded from top
To bottom with 1/8" plate. It's much stronger and you will never have an issue with flex or cracking. Doing a neck properly and safely are critical to the riders safety and the performance of the bike

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
Bills got it. This will look factory. The hhi kit you can do without a jig and is straight forward. The only thing is that you are stuck with their stretch configuration. If you do it this way, you can set your neck height and stretch. I personally don't like the wheel sticking out too far like the neck rake kit so I do my own set up. Just make sure your geometry and trail is correct or you will have wobbles. We will post a new thread on how to do a factory style neck rake on 09 and newer frames.

What are configurations that you prefer to use say for a 23 , 26 ,inch. I myself dont care fore the wheel sticking way out .

Latest posts