Delimma: What do you complete first? Front end or Rear end?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

smooothone23

Money is in the bank. I have $3,500 to spend on the bike. Do I do the rear end-extended bags and fender, speaker lids, amp and front speakers OR cut, rake, and put on a 26 on the front? I wish that I could do both but it seems impossible at this point to stretch my money that far. I do work for a HD dealership so I am getting nice pricing on my labor and parts.

If I do the rear then it is complete and I can wait for the big wheel in the future (will it ever happen if I dont pull the trigger now?). If I do the wheel now then I will have to wait on the bags and fender and eveyone will make fun of me rolling around on a half finished bike.

A little input would help here. Just want to make the best decision.

wtf6316

Very hard decision indeed. I would have to say its up to you and what you really want 1st. if you already have a nice exhaust set up then the rear dosnt look unfinished. You can do speaker lids with stock bags and add the extended ones later. If it was me I would do the Sound system items 1st. Then put the 26 on. Then rear fender and bags. But thats just me. These bikes are never finished and no one will make fun of you for not doing it all at once. Working man has to do what we can when we can.
On my bike I will have to do bags 1st because of the exhaust I have coming. Front end will be after that.

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
if I was you, start at the back. I did the front first and it looks horrible having a 26 on the front with small bags in the rear. extend the bags, then chop it, add your speakers later.

luckye173

Site Supporter
Yea do the back for now. That's what I did. And plus its looks bad ass from the rear. The front end probably going be more than $3500 by time u buy the wheel the rotor the caliper and the fender and neck and other parts plus paint. Think I have like $1800 maybe in my sinister rear end with paint job.

Betiobastard

Site Supporter
I'm in the same boat! I'm going with the front first because I want that big ass 26!! My rear is air bagged so when it's dropped it looks decent with the 21 front I have now. Does anyone have pics of a 26 with no rear work done?

smooothone23

I guess I could do trees and a 23 and some some loot that way. Or i could just do a 21 and call it the day. DAMN YOU ALL!

HawgSwag26

Site Supporter
I would probably do rear first but if you do the front first I bet you find a way to get the rear done sooner than you thought. Might be the motivation you need. LOL

lumper

I like you have incremental spending to do, 2k$ here and 2k$ there so I have to do it in sections also,

I am planning on doing the back first, going to do the bars, the rear and the body, then rake and go 26" last after everythign else is done.

I figure that way I can ride as I go, I can order the parts get them in, mock them up to make sure everything fits and then take them off and put my stock parts back and keep driving, once I get it all in I can take it to paint while the bike is getting cut, so if I time it rigtth when I get the bike back set up with a 26" I will get my parts back from paint and powder coat and then just put it all together.
just my 2 cents.

Lump

thecort

Rear end first if you're doing a 26 eventually. A 26 will not look too good IMO with stock bags.

Tap it!

Big Evil

Site Supporter
Do the rear first.
Looks weird if you do the front first.
Having that huge wheel/tire, with stock fender and bags.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2