Dash Modification assistance needed

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

celticking05

Planning on modifying a dash not sure who's yet Yaffe, Ssinister or any other builders guess it does not really matter but the problem here is in having a Road King the speedo etc is in the center of dash unlike SG's etc where it is the gas hole, anyways thinking here on modifying the gas hole on the dash I purchase to accept a mini speedo something like what Shope (Ssinister) did on the Bloody Mary RK so with all that said looking for assistance and some direction to the fiberglass work where should I start and how should I go about getting my idea started materials, molding etc...first attempt to fiberglass :banghead:

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
well that dash kit is a yaffe dash. that is on the bike you are refering to.. . make a mock up out of chip board. then make a mold out of foam . ( easy to carve and shape) then you can put you fiberglass on that. but you have to seal the foam cus the resin will melt it . i nevere done or tried this just info i read in verious books. maybe a pro can chime in on this.

SUAVE

from working with car stereo systems in the past you can cut out a small ring out of wood that fits the outside dia of gauge then screw it in the dash at the angle you want it to sit at. ive used in the past speaker box carpet to pull over and staple around the ring. once its stapled cut the hole out, then pull the carpet to strech around the dash. once it has the shape that you are going for mix up some fiberglass resin and spread over the carpet. let sit and dry and get to sanding. use body filler to smooth and prep.

SUAVE

Should look something like this when prepping. But smaller

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331895784.074094.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331895784.074094.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 232