Cycle sounds lids & Covington Grills

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

shadow

Coming along probablly get them installed this weekend.

shadow

I,m installing them today i'll take a few pics when i'm done,depending on how work is today i should get them done if not in the am. Dam customers keep interupting progress.lol

Zach

Site Supporter
Holy shit! That is insane. Those things cannot be that hard to cut. Someone will knock them off and sell some. They look good.

Zach

Zach

Site Supporter
Do these bolt to the lids, or do they somehow use the same slot that the stock CS lid grills use?

If these had an integrated post that goes through the stock location, that would be cool. One thing I don't like about my lids is the grill just gets pushed through a slot and then you bend the "tab" over.

No doubt Covington stuff is excellent quality, I just don't think they need to be priced like that. It just doesn't look like that hard of a part to make. Hey Traceman..... maybe a new product idea.

Zach

shadow

Do these bolt to the lids, or do they somehow use the same slot that the stock CS lid grills use?

If these had an integrated post that goes through the stock location, that would be cool. One thing I don't like about my lids is the grill just gets pushed through a slot and then you bend the "tab" over.

No doubt Covington stuff is excellent quality, I just don't think they need to be priced like that. It just doesn't look like that hard of a part to make. Hey Traceman..... maybe a new product idea.

Zach

The grills have 1/4-20 threads tapped in to each corner so they bolt to the lids.Price does seem very steep but unfortunately if you can't make em yourself you have to pay the price for someone elses tools and knowledge.
I'm sure Traceman can make them judging by his other work.

shadow

They are in and i'm real happy with the way they sound. Rockford Fosgate 300.4 inside the fairing 6 1/2 Hertz up front & 6x9 Herts in the lids.

TraceCave Customs

Zach

They look great and easy enough to make. Thats a lot of money for sure. I bet the diamond cut outsourcing cost a lot of change too.