Cvo gauge mod

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

AZZKIKR CUSTOM CYCLE

Extreme Vendor
So we are working on this 26" CVO project and we swapped out the fuel tank from a 2010 standard street glide so we could go with the single center dash gap cap and got rid of the chrome face Digital gas gauge that is embedded in the CVO tank .We had planned to take out his tweeters and put a fuel gauge in the inner fairing but i thought of a better way to do it and keep his tweeters in his fairing .

So i cut out the hole in the camtech center dash piece and epoxied the gauge in .The plan is to bury the gauge in clear lens making epoxy and clear it over to make it flush with the dash .Then i can candy over the gauge face and blend it into the rest of the graphics .Since those gauges are invisible until you power up the gauge should light up and look like its floating in the graphic and candy .

I would have got it started tonight but some dipshit put fiberglass resin in my lens making resin bottle ,i felt like making him drink it .lol Now i gotta wait till tuesday to get it going .....faaaaakkkkkk .

Now im thinking if a guy had a roadking that has the hiddden gas gauge ,he could buy a dakota invisible digital speedo and blend it right into the center dash console and it would light up under power but dissapear in the paint otherwise like the trick tail lights people have been making .

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Awesome!

So do you have some special epoxy to put over it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AZZKIKR CUSTOM CYCLE

Extreme Vendor
Awesome!

So do you have some special epoxy to put over it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yes its clear lense casting resin,we make taillights and signal housings from it all the time,you can pour it clear or tint the resin with a candy for a completely colored piece.
you can buy it anywhere they sell fiberglass supplies.

The best part is it can be poured pretty thick without it wanting to crack or shrink too much,and it dries like plastic and when you wet sand and polish it comes out like glass,and is crystal clear.

AZZKIKR CUSTOM CYCLE

Extreme Vendor
poured the lense resin at the end of the day so i wont be able to sand it till tomorow ,il take a couple snaps when i sand it flat and give it a few clear coats

AZZKIKR CUSTOM CYCLE

Extreme Vendor
so check it out

this was after the resin was poured

this was after sanding it ,you can pour the resin so thick you can usually just do it in one pass

came out perfectly flush

ignore the scratches ,i was checking to see how flat it was and if the gauge still worked

threw on some test graphics to see what i had to do to sort of hide it ,the final version will be similar,it looks scratchy because its just water making it shiny ,when its cleared it will be like glass .Also added a tiny bit of silver mettalic paint so the candy will look similar to the rest but still show the gauge .I wish i could have used blue LEd's ..maybe next time

Last edited:

Latest posts