Custom motorcycle shops that are too busy

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

smokenjoep01

I just made a phone call to one of the big names in the bagger parts world. Just needed to ask a quick simple question about a part I just bought from them. And just like the other Big namer I was dealing with the other day. VOICEMAIL! This one said "Do to overwhelming amount of calls they are unable to answer the phone".
You would think for the price of these parts and the amount % of mark up on them, that they could afford somebody to sit at a desk with a notepad and answer the phone. What the the frick.:banghead:

vrog

One of THE 150!
Some of u guys think that your their only customers. Its very difficult to run a shop like this . Juat think of how many phone calls they must get each day.Anyone who is self employed will tell u how hard it is to run your own business. Best advice I can give u is bee patient and it will all come together for u.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

wtf6316

When I called Glenndyne. He answered the phone. And actualy had a conversation with me about what I wanted. His answer was we will make it how you want it and just come see us. This was after several Facebook messages. Pickard USA, Nautical, and Native Customs have all been on the ball with returning messages.

smokenjoep01

Some of u guys think that your their only customers. Its very difficult to run a shop like this . Juat think of how many phone calls they must get each day.Anyone who is self employed will tell u how hard it is to run your own business. Best advice I can give u is bee patient and it will all come together for u.

I would agree for the most part. But they bring it on themselves. A peice of paper with some sort of instructions in the box with the part would help! Sending out parts that are not damaged or as advertised would also cut down on the number of calls as well.
I dont know how big of a shop Nautical has but I have never purchased anything from them and he has spent more time talking to me than the other to vendors that I have spent 10K with.

FSTBGR

I hate to call bullshit on this....do u understand the lifestyle some of these dudes live.....if u think for how much money I got in my bike due to mark up I should feel bad your nuts...if u think a dude like yaffe isnt rich as fuck your nuts....im a paying customer...get it handled......i dont want to hear excuses from these big name dudes......any of these businesses can afford a person makin minimum wage makin it happen......went off on a rant....that gets me blood boiling.....without customer service your nothing.....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

vrog

One of THE 150!
I got ya! I have been there before too buddy! Have a beer and walk away from it for a bit lol.

FSTBGR

I got ya! I have been there before too buddy! Have a beer and walk away from it for a bit lol.

I wasnt tryin to b a dick...i havent had an issue with anyone.....the excuse for them is what I disagreed with.....great customer service is what is gonna make any business thrive over the rest...

Zach

Site Supporter
Being able to provide great customer service is what makes or breaks a company. It takes A LOT of money to provide great customer service. Think about it this way. Would you have been happy if some minimum wage person who knows nothing about the parts or bikes in general answered the phone and was only able to take a message? Probably not.

Every growing company has these growing pains. They start to see the bigger orders roll in and need to spend the money on what it takes to get the orders out the door. Spending money to support the customers on the back end is not always possible in the beginning, even though it would be a great way to do it. You gotta make money to spend money.

Zach

True Kustom

It is a delicate balancing act. Let me tell you. I am not a big name, Im not selling shit tons of parts and building a bike a week, but I am growing. I do sell parts, I do build bikes. The fine line is selling shit, then getting it built, painted, ordered, shipped, whatever is the next step while making sure to deal with new calls, returning calls, stupid calls (telemarketers or some stupid shit like the tax man) emails, payroll, rent, utilities and keeping up with fucking forums. "Did I say that outloud" haha. Better developing new parts, refining old designs and making sure to price the shit so people will buy it in a tight ass cheap mother fucker economy.

Well, I feel better.

Buy some of my shit would ya, I promise to not answer the phone and ship you crap.

vrog

One of THE 150!
I hate to call bullshit on this....do u understand the lifestyle some of these dudes live.....if u think for how much money I got in my bike due to mark up I should feel bad your nuts...if u think a dude like yaffe isnt rich as fuck your nuts....im a paying customer...get it handled......i dont want to hear excuses from these big name dudes......any of these businesses can afford a person makin minimum wage makin it happen......went off on a rant....that gets me blood boiling.....without customer service your nothing.....

Yaffe been around alot longer than most these guys. I had a problem once with Yaffe stuff and played the phone game but eventually it all got worked out. As far as living a lifestyle I'm pretty sure I know who you are referring to. If he is living that lifestyle from selling just parts and some bikes then hats off to him. However he must have his hands in other business deals as well because there is not that much profit in parts!

I'm just around it more than most people I guess. I have friends in both the baggers industry and drag racing industry. Anytime you manufacture, install and sell a product there is alot more to it than just answering the phone all day.

Dont worry about sounding like a dick........ I didnt take it that way at all.

FSTBGR

I understand it all...the struggle, how busy it can b, good people cost money to employ....i dont care if someone says, bro were slammed let us get back to u....its when they dont and u have to track them down when your the one about to drop thousands....if I get a call back and everything is handled...awesome...im a returning customer....u know there are plenty of business's that put the customer third or fourth....i for one dont believe for a second that the big name dudes arent making a killing on parts....rsd/pm/yaffe.....once they have parts in production, tell me it costs them 500 for a air cleaner set up without the filter....200 for bag latch covers.....100 for grips......these dudes arent millionaires cause their parts are CHEAP and unprofitable......as far as workin hard and being busy....when I vacation to afghanistan every four months I work 12hrs a day 7 days a week and still do full time school online for my MBA.......not pattin myself on the back but hopefully I will be cashin in someday from hard work.....when some of these smaller companies make it to yaffe/pm/whatever status they will look back and know who got them their and also what sacrifice they made to customers and their business......alright I promise im done...just passionate about business and its what I wanna do and b apart of....i would love to manage one of these companies.....love the lifestyle and being around anything with two wheels

RLJ676

Any shop that doesn't want to hire the appropriate amount of help but still charge premium pricing most definitely runs the risk of losing customers. Is it worth pocketing an extra 30k-40k a year(or that extra car/boat/bike) rather than a good sales/phone guy to potentially not grow as big in the long run? When you are charging what these guys do to make some parts, you better include some degree of customer service as well.

SUAVE

Shoot I believe in the customer come first too!! I also would love to work in the industry but I don't think I could handle the stress or deadlines. That's why I keep it a hobby! Lol I know Shope has his whole one off lambo parts business going and also he owns the largest chain of hydroponics stores in AZ so I could understand not being in the shop but I guess he has employees for that. Yaffe teaming up with RF too. There's alot of money out there being made and still some to be made but there's no reason to put a paying customer the back burner. The bikes were making are rolling billboards for these companies! You would think they know that by now.

bagdaddy09

It is a delicate balancing act. Let me tell you. I am not a big name, Im not selling shit tons of parts and building a bike a week, but I am growing. I do sell parts, I do build bikes. The fine line is selling shit, then getting it built, painted, ordered, shipped, whatever is the next step while making sure to deal with new calls, returning calls, stupid calls (telemarketers or some stupid shit like the tax man) emails, payroll, rent, utilities and keeping up with fucking forums. "Did I say that outloud" haha. Better developing new parts, refining old designs and making sure to price the shit so people will buy it in a tight ass cheap mother fucker economy.

Well, I feel better.

Buy some of my shit would ya, I promise to not answer the phone and ship you crap.
This makes me want to buy more from this guy who WANT my business than someone who treats me as a "F him ship him his shit" customer

FSTBGR

Dig it. My business is 10 to 14 hours a day 6-7 days a week and my MBA study, 7 years straight.

EBIT EBITA EBIDA P&L ROI GTFO
Thats awesome bro..i hope ur business flourishes....so u need a manager....haha

FSTBGR

Any shop that doesn't want to hire the appropriate amount of help but still charge premium pricing most definitely runs the risk of losing customers. Is it worth pocketing an extra 30k-40k a year(or that extra car/boat/bike) rather than a good sales/phone guy to potentially not grow as big in the long run? When you are charging what these guys do to make some parts, you better include some degree of customer service as well.
Well said.....

N

Nautical Customs

Sorry to hear about the bad experiences guys. Even when we were a smaller shop and just had gotten started customer services has always been number 1 priority. Now that we have been in business since 2007 and we are a little bigger now our goal is still customer services and customer communication! If there is any thing we can do to help you with your question feel free to pm or email us we will alway help everyone no matter if they spend a million dollars or no dollars. We are always here to help if we can.