Crow River Harley Davidson open house Dyno shootout

blackandchrome

Just thought I would post the results of my dyno run at their dyno shootout on Saturday. I didn't really want to run my bike, but peer pressure got the best of me. Lol

Attachments

blackandchrome

Thanks

I've never really had it tuned. Just put the motor together, and loaded a base map on the thundermax and ran it. Wish the torque would be a better climb and more consistent from 2000-3500 rpm. But I'm pretty happy with it.

Zach

Site Supporter
What's the parts list on that? Looks like there is room to tune in the area you are talking about. With a little tweaking I'm sure you could get a much better running bike. 2000-3500 is where you ride the majority of the time. Get it tuned for sure.

Zach

blackandchrome

It's a 117.

Dark horse crank, Axtell cylinders. 11.2 compression. Tman thumper series heads. Redshift 650 cams I believe. I'd have to look at the paperwork to be exact. And Hpi 54 or 58 tb. Can't remember everything exactly. Been over a year since it went together, and have worked on to many projects since. Lol.

I'm sure a good tune would help a lot. Just not sure if anyone close by that is real good.

Zach

Site Supporter
World Class Tuning in Watertown, MN has a very good reputation. Not sure how far that is from you. Nice build, be a shame not to tune it and get it running like it should.

Zach

Zach

Site Supporter
Hey man. I may have steered you into a dead end. I googled World Class Tuning and it looks like they have closed. The guy that did the tuning was Doug Lofgren. One thread indicated he may be at Silverback HD tuning there. Not sure where that is compared to you. Might be worth a phone call. I believe I may have found another option for you too. Waiting for a PM from another board to verify the shop name and location.

Zach

Torch

Site Supporter
3 posts up Torch. It's a 117.

Zach
LOL, I see that now, thanks Zach. That's what happens when you leave the page loaded at work, walk away from your computer, make a stupid post asking a dumb question when you get back without refreshing the page first...

blackandchrome

Hey man. I may have steered you into a dead end. I googled World Class Tuning and it looks like they have closed. The guy that did the tuning was Doug Lofgren. One thread indicated he may be at Silverback HD tuning there. Not sure where that is compared to you. Might be worth a phone call. I believe I may have found another option for you too. Waiting for a PM from another board to verify the shop name and location.

Zach
Thanks Zach. I appreciate all the help I can get. It's close, and runs real nice right now, but I have a feeling it could be a bit better. Just to pull that lag out of it, and have that torque have a nice constant rise. But maybe that could be a cam issue too. Not sure. I won't complain though. It runs real nice. And sure is fun to ride.

blackandchrome

Holy Shit, that's nice! What motor are you running SE120, 124?

Thanks Torch!

Yeah, it's a 117.. Local shop built it. I didn't spare a dime when we built it. Darkhorse crank, H-beam chromemoly rods, pro-pinned. Axtell cylinders. 11.2 to 1 compression. Tman's thumper series port job on the heads. Redshift 650 (If I remember correctly anyways) cams in it, HPI 54 or 58mm throttle body. Dirty Bird up yours exhaust, motor was diamond cut, gear drives on the cams, S&S Roller rocker arms, adjustable push rods. Primo 2" open primary and clutch from them as well.

The only things i'm unsure of are the cams and throttle body. I'd have to look back at the receipts to figure out which ones I have. But we didn't spare a dime on it. I wanted something that I could drive nice, or abuse, and not have to worry.

When the guy that put the motor together dyno'd it, his dyno was reading around 126 hp and 128 torque. So from two different dyno's i'm pretty confident that it's around 125hp, and 127 torque for sure. Which i'm happy. it's a nice square motor, where peak numbers are real close like that.

I'm sure there's better exhaust out there that I could be running that would perform better. But with the Dirty bird Top shelf ass end, I just went with their exhaust. But D&D is supposed to be good. And I do know Faribault HD up here in MN really pushes Drago's exhaust. (probably 15 to 1 sales over D&D) They have nothing but great things to say about it. So i'm sure i'm maybe missing a little bit by not having a better exhaust. But sometimes sacrifices have to be made I guess.

Fingers crossed, I haven't tore up a drive belt yet. Been running a drive belt from S&S on it. But I've been thinking that i'd be better off switching to chain at some point. Not sure how much a belt can handle.

reficul

Dragos for sure. Your pipe is where your losing torque and HP. Give Frank a shout. He just built my 124 and for having 10.8 compression, 66mm Throttle hog and 640 cams the bike pulls like a tractor. Just put 500 miles on motor so I haven't dynoed or ran it wide open yet. Soon though, very soon

ksarauer

If your still looking for a good tuner, Bob (R&D Performance, also known as the World Class Tuning tuner) is now in Maple Lake. I don't believe he deals with the t-Max though. Another good tuner who is familiar with T-Max is Faribault HD.

Latest posts