Crazy idea for air ride psi indicator...

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
That's a damn good idea. If you mounted an inline valve stem, you could carry a couple different LED caps calibrated for 1 rider, 2 riders, or pulling into the lot on bike night...

actually, sounds like light would go out when attained... but this is self setting... meaning you put the TPMS on the tire when it's inflated to desired pressure, then it will sense low pressure side when it reaches a setting below "normal". I think it resets itself when taken off and reinstalled. So you would need only one, but a gauge would still be needed to know how much air is in the system.

T

Thomason Performance

Could you use an offline gauge to set the pressure, then install the cap to set it to that pressure? Wouldn't it light up every time you aired down to slam it though? Could act as a fake security light then I guess...

ddavis

Great idea, but I have heard those work about half the time. About as reliable as the oil temp dipstick.

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
Yea, I haven't heard anything good about the reliability of these. I know quite a few that don't work correctly. If they have fixed them, you could always run and inline valve step through the fairing and just screw this onto it in an obscure yet visible location.

Latest posts