Converting Street Glide to Road Glide question

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

keebee

Went by the dealer today just to look at a Road Glide Custom in person today. Noticed the fairing is not only mounted to the frame it is also mounted to the crash bar. I see quite a few people removing the crash bar. Is the frame mount the only fairing mount you are using in this case? Just wondering how stable the fairing is with it mounted this way.

Thx still have a lot to learn and trying to ask as few stupid questions as possible.

slothy

Balls
Hey good to see a over here. check our Wooten race werks. He makes a internal brace.

66promod in here is hs screen name

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

keebee

Cool thx again Slothy. Hate to keep bugging you with newbie questions. Only been in the Harley world for 2 years now. Before it was sport bikes for years and years. Do you use an air suspension on yours to get the tucked look? Would like to go with a 26" wheel with a tucked look vs going with a 30" if I can do it. I just don't care for the gap between the fender and fairing want to keep it as tucked as possible.

Thx Suave. Good to not get bashed over here for going to a 26 or 30" front wheel. ;)

keebee

I am going to have to do things in phases I have been planning my build and parts alone looks to be 10 to 15K and this doesn't include labor or paint. My back is already screwed no matter what I do. Just going to buy my parts one at a time until I have everything I need. Might take me a year or so.

slothy

Balls
well the front air ride you can do yourself under 300 bucks or spend some bucks and get the fancy air ride setups like 66 pro mod makes (instant air up ect)

smokenjoep01

I just paid my $588.00 body shop bill to have my Ballastic overlay "touched up" Thats after I had a good half day rough fitting it. Plan on spending a little over 2K on the overlay and related expenses getting paint ready.

keebee

I just paid my $588.00 body shop bill to have my Ballastic overlay "touched up" Thats after I had a good half day rough fitting it. Plan on spending a little over 2K on the overlay and related expenses getting paint ready.

How well do those lights do at night? I don't do a lot of night riding but when I do want to make sure I can see where I am going. ;)

Latest posts