Converting Mechanical Speedo drive to Electronic speedometer

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

smokenjoep01

If you have a earlier touring model Harley with a machanicely driven speedometer. And have upgraded the transmission with a transmission trap door that has the speedometer sensor hole in it. Whats it take to get a stock electronic Harley speedometer to work in this application?
I imagine 12v power, gound, a signal from the sensor etc. WHo is able to sifer this with me? Or has done it before? If I had gauges form a donor 1999 EG standard, what year, moldels would match these gauges?

smokenjoep01

Doing more reasearch I was able to find that in 1995 Sportster started using electronic speedometers and the size and face are very similar, if not th same. It seems to be a straight forward wiring job and may only require a turn signal module. I'll keep the thread updated incase this info is needed by somebody else that may end up converting.

smokenjoep01

I found that all I need is the stock speed sensor, a power and ground, and send the signal to a electronic speedo.
My next conversion Im considering is fuel injection. Know anybody with a fuelpump, tank and ECM????

Latest posts