Converting back to Two Seater

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

ramnj

One of THE 150!
I would like to convert my bike back to a two seater, but not sure how to go about it. Went to the Harley dealer and the part that goes in the fender does not look like it will work on a Sinister fiberglass fender.

Any recommendations???

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
I had a fiberglass fender on my King. The guy I bought it from, just had a 1/4-20 nut under the fender, but it worked. I took a dremel and formed a slot for the Harley piece that goes through the fender and is held in by an E-clip. The fender was too thick for the E clip to work, so I just epoxied it in place. Its held there for years and is still there. I'll probably do the same when I put the new fender and bags on this one.

808Bagger

Hey Raf! This is my plan. I have a passenger pad that I use and I was planning to reshape the pad and make a point in the rear and make it contour to the back side of my solo seat. Beef up the pad with more cushion and reDo the whole seat similar to my neighbors style...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341082330.824289.jpg just a suggestion but part of my plan. I still, will have the option to go solo...

Last edited:

ramnj

One of THE 150!
I had a fiberglass fender on my King. The guy I bought it from, just had a 1/4-20 nut under the fender, but it worked. I took a dremel and formed a slot for the Harley piece that goes through the fender and is held in by an E-clip. The fender was too thick for the E clip to work, so I just epoxied it in place. Its held there for years and is still there. I'll probably do the same when I put the new fender and bags on this one.

I was thinking of doing the same thing but wondered how it would look/work.

ramnj

One of THE 150!
Hey Raf! This is my plan. I have a passenger pad that I use and I was planning to reshape the pad and make a point in the rear and make it contour to the back side of my solo seat. Beef up the pad with more cushion and reDo the whole seat similar to my neighbors style..just a suggestion but part of my plan. I still, will have the option to go solo...

Thanx Noel. I would prefer to go the pad way too. How do you attach it to the fender? Suction cups?

TraceCave Customs

I just laid my two up seat on there and marked where the bolt would go then drilled and tapped the hole there. Sinister had a steel plate molded in in that area so really it was a cleaner look than the floating nut would have been.

ramnj

One of THE 150!
I just laid my two up seat on there and marked where the bolt would go then drilled and tapped the hole there. Sinister had a steel plate molded in in that area so really it was a cleaner look than the floating nut would have been.

Is the metal plate on all the Sinister fiberglass fenders?

ramnj

One of THE 150!
Gracias Suave. Now to decide which way to go. Gonna look first at the pad option.

ramnj

One of THE 150!
Going to the garage to see if it has one. Hopefully a magnet will detect the plate.

C&C also makes a pad but only works on metal fenders.

ramnj

One of THE 150!
Found the metal plate. Now just have to decide which way I'm going to go.

Would really prefer to go with the pad. Now to look for one that will work on fiberglass. Otherwise, I might have to drill.

Bagged64

If you get the pad with suction cups, just remember to take it off if nobodys going to sit on it. My buddy can tell you it's not cool to pick your wife up from work and she has to sit directly on the fender because it flew off. Haha!