Clutch recommendation?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bill

I used to own some shit!
What's recommended? Or has anyone had trouble with there factory clutch on a 103 with cams? One thing leads to.....

I bet you'll be surprised how good the stock clutch holds up.

My 107" still has the stock clutch with 98/106 on a hot day. I don't do burnouts much but I do drive it pretty hard.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Take the cover off loosen up the nut then run the adjuster all the way in then back out a half turn and try it that's what I did and helped a bit

Ride it like you stole it!

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
Clutch is plenty strong for some cams...adjust it first unless you burned it up...and I run it in till it touches and lock it down. Never tried the half turn out?

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
That's what my buddy did to mine that half or quarter turn back assures u ur not engaging the clutch it seemed to work for mine

Ride it like you stole it!

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
I've had issues with mine since the 555's were installed. The dealer said that when you start approaching 1/1 horsepower to cubic inches, it's time to upgrade the stock clutch. At least the springs.

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
Some hydraulic clutches have a slower release if ur running Harley hydraulic master u should run a heavier spring or the aim plate. Stk clutch plates are fine with a 100 hp motor

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Zach

Site Supporter
If it still feels like it's slipping after you re-adjust, try putting a SE spring in. That should be plenty to hold a 103 with cams.

Zach

Latest posts