Clueless in Arizona but not for long

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bendaaho

Hello everybody,
I just sold my '80-80cu because I went to Arizona bike week and met Paul Yaffee and saw some of the most bad ass bikes I could not even imagine! I just moved to Arizona from Wyoming and am looking to buy a used Street Glide so I can get to work on a 26" wheel project. I have been visiting this site for a bit and have to say this is the best out there. Looking forward to getting started.

Ben

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Welcome to the site, keep us posted!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
Welcome from St. Louey! Just a side note, I wouldn't limit myself to a Street Glide! The EG Classics and Ultra Classics are the same bike. If your like most of us, dropping them 1" to acheive the SG height, isn't hard or expensive. You'll have all the parts you can resell to recoup some money and you can more than likely get a better deal on something other than a SG! Because of their name and desireablity, they are holding their value much better than the full blown touring bikes, but it's the same frame. The SG's debutted in 2006 too so your limiting your years from which to choose from. In 09, they went to the larger rear tire and changed the frame.

Bendaaho

Welcome from St. Louey! Just a side note, I wouldn't limit myself to a Street Glide! The EG Classics and Ultra Classics are the same bike. If your like most of us, dropping them 1" to acheive the SG height, isn't hard or expensive. You'll have all the parts you can resell to recoup some money and you can more than likely get a better deal on something other than a SG! Because of their name and desireablity, they are holding their value much better than the full blown touring bikes, but it's the same frame. The SG's debutted in 2006 too so your limiting your years from which to choose from. In 09, they went to the larger rear tire and changed the frame.

I did not know this, I am starting my search for an eg. Cheaper and extra parts! I will keep you all posted as to my progress. Thanks to all for the warm welcome and the info.