Clearance between body parts

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

lowdog

One of THE 150!
Starting the fab work on my RG and just wondering what kinda clearance should we leave between different parts. One would be the tank and side panel. Then between the filler panels and saddlebags. I want them tight tight but dont want shit to rub either. You might think the roads are bad where you live but they are not nearly as bad as they are here, so I gotta keep that in mind too.

CHAINSAW

Site Supporter Until The World Stops Spinning!
between my tank covers and side covers, there is enough to slide a piece of paper between and they don't rub. Between the side covers and saddlebags, I went to autozone and bought some door edge guard and put on my side covers. Now they pretty much seamlessly flow between them and my saddlebags, and no worries if they rub cause it ain't gonna hurt nothing.

lowdog

One of THE 150!
between my tank covers and side covers, there is enough to slide a piece of paper between and they don't rub. Between the side covers and saddlebags, I went to autozone and bought some door edge guard and put on my side covers. Now they pretty much seamlessly flow between them and my saddlebags, and no worries if they rub cause it ain't gonna hurt nothing.

Ok cool I was thinking that the saddlebags would move some and did not want any issues down the road.

bradwulf20

lowdog another option if you are worried about rubbing is put some clear vinyl over the area you are worried about and if it rubs the paint will be good still.

Latest posts