clarity pleae

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

Ok guys I have been going lots of reading trying to understand this rake vs cut neck for a 26'' wheel, but can someone please explain to me can you do a 26'' wheel with out cutting the neck. I notice Kewl Metal sales a 40 or 45 degree rack kit on there bikes. Does this means they didnt; have cut the neck, or they cut the neck and jsut allows for more raking? If the latter is the case, if you just cut the neck and use I guess the HHI kit what is you rack then? Trying to understand this process.
Thanks in advance.

780Canadianbagger

Ya kewl, has trees that bolt right on No cutting if You decide to go to a thirty, u have to cut ur neck and rake , But yes from what I have read u can use kewls trees for a 26! I don't know I went with cutting my neck and ak custom neck kit ! And never regreted it

westshore

You can run a 26 on 12 SG with just 9 deg trees. I done my with HHI trees. If you want a 30 you have to either cut and rake. 9 and 9 or Kewl Metal had a kit they call the pro street kit that will rake the neck and stretch to either 40 or 45 deg depends on what you want. I have never used it but know a guy who ha and he has had no problems, neither have I with the 26 and just trees. I've been over 100 and no more wobble than it did bone stock.

keebee

Suave is also running a 26" with 9 degree trees only no cutting on his RG. Planning on going the same route.

Opunui

With the stock neck being 26 degrees and putting just 9 degree trees gives you 35 degrees rake. your trail numbers will be to far off.you need to get the trail to about 6.2-6.5. that is what stock is.

But to each your own.

On a thirty it should be 9 degree on the rake and 12 degrees on the trees.

Last edited:

BigChief

I am planning a 26'' wheel on my street glide. I was just wondering, if the Kewl metal trees was the same as cutting why were so many people cutting thieir neck then. I am sure once cut there the neck there is not trurning back, unlike is you did not cut. Just trying to learn as much as possiblle before making the jump, but its going to happen.

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
Don't fake it rake it. Cutting is the correct way to rake a 26". That's why 90% of people cut there necks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts