Chrome Rims Painted Lips!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

HawgSwag26

Site Supporter
I'm really digging the painted rims out there but there aren't many that I've seen sporting chrome. Most are blacked out accented with the bikes paint color. I'm going chrome on my bike and I am considering painting the lips to mach the bike color. Here is Bagger Concepts Deep Pockets Bike, different for sure. Now if I can get u guys to focus lets here some opinions? LOL

Attachments

• paintedrim.jpg
    paintedrim.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 375
  • paintedrim2.jpg
    paintedrim2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 554
  • paintedrim3.jpg
    paintedrim3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 391

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
I love the look...but the only thing that scares me is how good it will stick to the chrome and how long it will last.

HawgSwag26

Site Supporter
Or what about when it comes time to change the tire, either way i think ill have to find out for myself cause I think its badass!

Crazy Beaver

Painting on chrome is no problem as long as they are prepped right and you use adhesion promoter. I have painted chrome parts on other bikes and I see a lot of baggers with painted parts that were chrome before they started. After it cures it should be very strong for day to day use. The only time I think there may be a problem is when you change tires, that may scratch them up. But I like the look, when I eventually go to a 26 I want to carry my paint scheme onto my wheels too.

Bagged64

My powdercoater says he can do what you're thinking and I've seen it at his shop. Inside was painted blue and lip was chrome, but he said he could make it the other way no problem, so you may want to check that out.

thecort

That is HOT! I thought about going with black chrome on the lips of my wheels.

HawgSwag26

Site Supporter
I havent had the "pleasure" of mounting a 26" tire but im sure there has to be a way to avoid scratching the rim. I mean anybody that pays what these 26" rims cost is going to take extra precaution to make sure they dont scratch it rather its painted or not.

Latest posts