Chicago trip and Harley Museum

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

TraceCave Customs

I have to go to Chicago for business in a few months and was thinking about going on up to the museum and check it out. The museum is only 2 hours away. Is it worth the trip? Also was thinking about getting there in time for bikenight on Thursday night. Just trying to plan everything and make reservations.

Any of you hoodlums live in Chicago? What do I need to see while there? I will be staying close to McCormick place.

Last edited:

wtf6316

Negatory ghost rider

Man he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. So says him. So you cant go to his birth place and shit I mean spit on it! And now you cant go to an Oprah show. Man I dont know what to do there now. The airport is nice though. They even have the local Harley dealership in a small shop so you can buy a shirt and small stuff.

Wanna Ride

Obama's birth place might be an option.lol
You can't get there from here.

A big ten-four on the Portillo's. The typical tourist shit downtown can be cool. I like the Pier, the Shed, and a river cruise/tour is cool. The trip up to the HD museum is a must if you can swing it. Did someone mentio nthe airport? Are you kidding me? That shithole sucks bigtime, avoid it at all costs. I fly in and out of there on United, about 40 times a year for work, and obviously into a lot of other airports too. O'Hare sucks, period! But if I remember correctly, the HD store is over at the AA terminal.

Last edited:

Zach

Site Supporter
I did that exact trip several years ago. I thought the museum was cool and was worth the trip. O'Hare sucks. It's always 110 degrees and the bathrooms suck. Airport food is airport food, can't judge too much on that.

Zach

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
my parents went to the museum last year and got a personal tour from Bill Davidson into the archives where nobody gets to go and they said it was incredible

Deeganstata

Vendor
museum is nice plus my name is on the willie g award. There is something to do every night. I live here and can tell you where to go. There is always good times in the chi

TraceCave Customs

Thanks guys. I won't have to worry about the airport since I am riding the bike up. It is only 10 hours and I told my wife I was not going to the HD museum in a cage. Definitly looking forward to going again. I went to Chicago 2 years ago but didn't get to do a whole lot because of the co-workers that were with me. Just me and the wife going this time. I will have to get with you Deeganstata and see whats up.

TraceCave Customs

OK for all you Chicago people here. What areas should we avoid especially with the bike.

We need to stay at one of the convention hotels so we can ride the shuttle to McCormick place. Where would you book? I know the Congress Plaza we stayed in last time sucked. Looks like the hotels left are in the following areas:

Downtown River North

Lakeshore

Magnificent mile

Millennium park

Chicago Mart Plaza

lowdog

One of THE 150!
I lived in Milw. up til 4 years ago. The wife and I did the meseum on memorial weekend. I thought it was very cool and worth the trip. Its too bad you were not going up this week. Summerfest is the largest music festival in the world and its only 5 minutes from the museum. I have never been there for bike night but I was told that there is around 1000 to 1500 bikes.

TraceCave Customs

I lived in Milw. up til 4 years ago. The wife and I did the meseum on memorial weekend. I thought it was very cool and worth the trip. Its too bad you were not going up this week. Summerfest is the largest music festival in the world and its only 5 minutes from the museum. I have never been there for bike night but I was told that there is around 1000 to 1500 bikes.

I wish I was up that way now. It is so freakin hot around here! Cows milk is spoiling before they are milked.