Check out these cheap bags...

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
I looked at there site remember there fiber glass not abs plastic, check out tjdcustoms.com, remember u get what u pay for :cheers2:

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
I'm looking for bags as well and saw tjds website and thought they looked good, paying big dollars for a big name is rediculous especially in this economy but I guess it's the way it is just ask plenty of questions first

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
as long as you have glassing skills, you'll be good to go. There's lotsa work to be done on these, unless I got a bad set. I had locations that looked thin, so I sanded down and found bondo. cut the bondo out, only to find broken fiberglass that had the bondo over it to hide it. surely would have broke if I had painted it without cutting it down first because the bondo doesn't have the strength when it's that thin to fight the vibrations of a bagger. I ended up using mesh cloth on the entire inside of the bag for reinforcement since I bought the 2" wider 4" stretched bags. I want them to be sturdy.

hwork

Site Supporter
So on the original post about the garageshopbaggers extended bags, I saw those as well. I was wondering if they are too good to be true as well.

motrhd

as long as you have glassing skills, you'll be good to go. There's lotsa work to be done on these, unless I got a bad set. I had locations that looked thin, so I sanded down and found bondo. cut the bondo out, only to find broken fiberglass that had the bondo over it to hide it. surely would have broke if I had painted it without cutting it down first because the bondo doesn't have the strength when it's that thin to fight the vibrations of a bagger. I ended up using mesh cloth on the entire inside of the bag for reinforcement since I bought the 2" wider 4" stretched bags. I want them to be sturdy.

I have done a lot of glass work on boats, many years ago, but my bags and fender from TJD seem to be of good quality. I have not installed them yet but but have looked them over very carefully and checked fit, all looks fine. I am a happy TJD customer.....maybe one of few, but still happy.

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
Tjd stuff is complete junk... I had a customer bring me that stuff to put on bike.... U could see through bags they were so thin.. The fender overlay did not fit over rails. I had to modify everything to fit.. Nothing line up .... Not worth saving little money and basically having to rebuild it all.. ALSO HAD REDRILL ALL LATCH AND CATCH HOLES CAUSE THE DID NOT LINE UP

motrhd

I'm sorry to hear about that, maybe I got lucky, and my bags and lids weren't predrilled which I'm kinda thankful for, I think I'm not going to do the standard hinge and latch system.

Aaugman

For the extra $100 I'd get the abs bags on eBay, barely any prep work and everything fit well

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
LOL, I saw they posted to this thread to contact them if anyone had problems with them in the past, but in trying to comment with quote, the page wouldn't load. Walked away from the computer and it was deleted. I was going to ask if it was under new management because they sure never replied to my email or phone call last winter!

MMMichael

I think this is a "you get what you pay for" topic... Sometimes it works. Most times it doesn't.

MMMichael

Agree 100%. Not saying they are junk but its true....pay for what you get!

I think you will agree with me on this.. There is nothing wrong with getting stretched bags for cheap. However, with low cost comes hard work. High cost comes less work. (For the most part...) lol

It seems to be the more expensive stuff is, the NICER it is. However, if you have the skill to get the end result you're after, go for it. Get the cheap bags, and work your ass off to get them where you want them. That's one way to make the bike a little more personal.

That's some glass half full shit. lol

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
My fenders, front and rear, which I am not going to be using are pretty decent. The speaker lids are pretty decent. Definately need some shaping and edge work, but are a usable product and were worth what I paid for them. The bags however absolutely sucked. There were 3 or 4 spots where there were no fiberglass strands from the chopper gun. It was just resin that you could literally see daylight through. One spot at the top of the bag in front was crooked so I ground it down getting ready to refill it and the glass was cracked for almost 2", no repair other than bondo inside and outside of that spot to cover it up. If they would have been a local shop and treated me the way they did, I'd have paid a visit to their shop. You know, everybody has stuff go through the cracks when employees are involved, but to not respond to voice calls or emails is rediculous!

Don't get me wrong, everybody deserves a second chance and I was going to give it to them but when they deleted their reply from this thread after posting it, it pissed me off again. Everybody needs to beware that their stated 15 day refund guarantee is impossible to get if you can't get in contact with them!

Last edited:

Fatbagger48

Eastern PC has sinister bags for $649 on eBay. I made an offer of $600 and they took it. Just FYI

Easternperformance.com Great people to deal with. I got my Sinister bags from them for around 600. I wouldnt buy anything else made by Sinister again but i will say the atleast bags were perfect.

Latest posts