Car 5x7 speakers work?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

slothy

Balls
gota match impedance. I think harley isn't 4 ohm like aftermarket, unless u are running amp or aftermarket amp

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

98customRoadGlide

gota match impedance. I think harley isn't 4 ohm like aftermarket, unless u are running amp or aftermarket amp

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No amp just aftermarket cd player right now ! Going to go to best buy today after work and try to get some speakers! I want hog tunes but my fairing is off right now putting in new headlights, do this is a good time for better speakers!

98customRoadGlide

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340482880.439585.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340482904.774339.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340482919.727308.jpg

So bought these alpine type s 5x7 230watts max and 75watts rms. definitely lot bigger than stock and doesn't align up the same as stock speakers but I got 2 screws in, instead of 3 like stock. There in there tight, might put some blue thread lock to make sure they don't come lose! But damn it was worth my $100, they might be better than hogtunes! Thing rocks and sounds so clear with just my jvc cd player. Might have to put an amp on them this winter!

98customRoadGlide

If you're not running the stock HD head unit, then you'll be fine running these speakers. No need to wear about the impedance issues.

Yea that's what I figured ! These speakers are bad ass! They barley fit, my outer faring fits really snug on them because there so wide and bigger, not a true fit, but it was a gamble and I made them work! Thinking about doing speaker lids and running a set of alpine 6x9's then you will def. here me coming!

Latest posts