Candy paint

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

toosons

I need your help, I've been trying to come up with a color to paint my bike. Black is the color of all my vehicles but this time I want to do something different, anyway I've been playing around with candy cobalt blue from the house of colors. What I'm looking for is the bike to look black in shade and blue under the sun... is that possible? I shot that paint with a black base and in the sun it's a dark purple and deep black in shade. Can you help me with this?

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
What do they do with the pearl paints? I've seen white pearl look blue. Is there such a thing as blue pearl?

AKPrice

One of THE 150!
Yardsale Thats blue pearl added to the white paint or clear. Thats one of my favorite colors.

93-331-29psi

I just had my tour pack painted to match my candy cobalt/twilight blue CVO, and the first attempt came darker than the test panel at 5 coats. I can tell you that Harley uses a blue base coat under their "candy cobalt" color paint, and I'd say that 6 or 7 coats should get you where you want to be. My CVO has around 4 coats. Just another thought would be the twilight blue since you're wanting the black look in shade and blue in sun.

any candy over silver is going to be lite. Add to many coats of candy over a base and it will separate in a few years (one of the painters showed that here). A buddy just did the same idea on his bagger. He has base black and green pearl over it. in daylight it looks dark dark green, in off brite lite it is black as black can be.

Have your painter take a few blue pearls and put them over base black. Any metallic color and the pearl wont show up. I also think the HoK color book shows the cobalt over several bases, and the dark charcoal looks pretty dark! If I can locate my book, I will scan and show ya...

Owen87

Im trying to learn how to upload- Here is an idea of what the silver will do under candy:

test panel for Owen's king, ghosted silver speedlines 011.jpgtest panel for Owen's king, ghosted silver speedlines 023.jpg

When it is not in the sun, it just looks like a deep red. You can't see any of the stripes or shadows.

thecort

Damn nice paint job! Owen

Rudy, you're getting to the next level bro...you may end up painting it yourself lol

Tap it!

toosons

Hey guys, I appreciate the love on this. I'm going to try the twilight blue sample, a friend of mines has that color on his new CVO. I'll keep yall posted on this, maybe I'll go by the paint shop and pick up some samples and play around this weekend.

Cort, I would love to paint it myself but my neighbor would probably be pissed there house is freakin WHITE. Trust me I thought about it. lol

Latest posts