Canceling extended warranty

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

keebee

Has anyone cancelled their extended warranty? Since I am getting ready to void my warranty in the next few months with my build I am going to just cancel the warranty and get my money back. Does anyone know if they send you a check or do they take it off what you owe? Sadly I financed the whole thing except for the down payment and taxes and tags.

Hoping to use the money to buy parts for my build.

smooothone23

If you owe a bank, they send the check to the lienholder. If you own it outright, then they send the check to you. And of course it will be a pro-rated amount based on how long you have had the bike.

keebee

Thx for the reply. Just want to get some type of refund either way since it is going to be void soon enough.

Dirt_Guy

I'm glad you brought this up. I've been thinking of doing the same thing since I plan to hack and slash this winter. Good to know.

keebee

I went by my dealer on the way home to ask about it. Said as soon as I chop my frame my warranty is done. So wanted to make sure I have the warranty cancelled before any chopping happens.

fitness2k

Called Harley and they said it voids the warranty on the frame but still covers everything else. I was told the same thing by my Harley Dealer but didnt understand why cutting the frame would effect the warranty on the motor or tranny so I called Customer Service at Harley. Hope this helps.

smooothone23

In the event that they can blame the part going bad on the frame being cut then they will. Just make sure you work with a shop that you trust. Typically on normal issues it is the call of the service manager to cover it. In the event that they have to call corporate out to look at the part it lessens your chances of getting it paid for.