Can anyone tell what fairing this is ?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Aaugman

I found this local, It looks like a stretched fairing but I cant tell what it is, does anyone have any ideas ?Screen Shot 2012-09-08 at 1.15.17 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-09-08 at 1.15.12 PM.jpg

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
Looks like one of those outer skins people run. On that type there is no inside it's just the outer shell.if you look in the pic there is no place for a headlight to mount. So I would say its for a bike that had a single triple tree mounted light.

Aaugman

So am I better off just buying a aftermarket raked/stretched RG fairing and modifying it rather than buying a stock one ?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
So am I better off just buying a aftermarket raked/stretched RG fairing and modifying it rather than buying a stock one ?
They don't make any as far as I know. You start with a RG outer and modify it or use an overlay. They do make aftermarket inner fairings though.

As for height and angle, that is done with the mount that holds the fairing to the frame.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Aaugman

Does the mount to the outer? Is there a bracket that goes in the outer that mounts to the frame?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Does the mount to the outer? Is there a bracket that goes in the outer that mounts to the frame?
I suggest you find a Road Glide to crawl around, it will make a lot more sense.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

smokenjoep01

Thats a aftermarket handlebar mounted rip off of a Harley Batwing fairing. It will not work as you intend to use it. Better of starting with a actual harley fairing.

Aaugman

turns out it is a Corbin fairing that's over a grand, the guys wised up and re-listed it for $700, Originally I was going to be able to get it for 200, If it didn't work on my bike i was going to re list it and make some $$