camtech rear fender mounting PLEASE HELP!!!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

czajicek34

One of THE 150!
hey guys, im mocking up my camtech rear fender and its giving me some trouble. i have the 2 holes drilled for the studs under the seat and up top it fits really nice. but down at the bottom it seems to hit the stock fender because the fender kinda has a lip that swoops out and it wont let the camtech fender sit down far enough to make flush with the bags. also it seems as if the camtech fender might be twisted alittle bit and the left side sticks out about 1/2 farther than the right side. so do i have to cut that swoop off the bottom of my stock fender or just bend it in. as far as the twist im not really sure what to do about that. any help hints or tricks would be greatly appreciated.photo(72).jpgphoto(73).jpgphoto(71).jpg

thecort

Looks lik the fender is warped. The plate mount looks out to. I'd call/email Cameron before screwing with it.

Tap it!

ramnj

One of THE 150!
The fender shouldn't fit like that. I could contact Camtech to get it exchanged.

czajicek34

One of THE 150!
hey thanks guys thats kinda what i was thinking ill give him a call on monday. i just didnt know if there all kinda out of shape or just mine.

thecort

My flared side panels were way off too. But Cameron exchanged them.

Tap it!

ramnj

One of THE 150!
IMO, Camtech and all the other vendors need to do a little Quality Control before shipping stuff out. It just seems to be the norm and see it a lot when you read all these threads.

czajicek34

One of THE 150!
My flared side panels were way off too. But Cameron exchanged them.

Tap it!
yeah my side panels are the same way the left one is a bit long and mesures 4 inches same way in the pic and my right one is 3 inches im not to worried about it because you cant see them both at the same time but ill mention it to him. but my right one fits perfect no trimming needed i was pretty surprised.

thecort

IMO, Camtech and all the other vendors need to do a little Quality Control before shipping stuff out. It just seems to be the norm and see it a lot when you read all these threads.

I agree 100%.

Tap it!

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
what did you do to get it to sit right.
Mine isn't a camtech but its similar to yours. I cut off my stock fender a couple of inches behind the front mounting holes to get it to lay down between the bags. then I fabbed up a bracket to go between the fender and the cross brace and bolted it through a license plate bolt hole.

czajicek34

One of THE 150!
Mine isn't a camtech but its similar to yours. I cut off my stock fender a couple of inches behind the front mounting holes to get it to lay down between the bags. then I fabbed up a bracket to go between the fender and the cross brace and bolted it through a license plate bolt hole.
oh ok thats a good idea i dont think i could do that because i have a passenger seat and i dont put enough faith in that fiberglass to hold a passenger. i might be able to cut it behind the second fender mounting bolt though.

thecort

Just be aware that if you cut it before you talk to Cameron, he may not exchange it.

Tap it!

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
I have a passenger seat also but my fender is pretty thick. In the past with my bad dad fenders I cut behind the rear bolt hole. Cut there first.
On my bracket I got the side that was against the fender shaped the way o wanted it and bolted it up. Left it long on the inside and let it overlap the cross brace. then I held the fender where I wanted it and tack welded it, removed the brackets, welded solid then cut off the excess.

Latest posts