Camtech inner fairing

• Help support Chopped Baggers :
H

hickman customs

What speakers are you guys using? I purchased kickers, but they are to thick and inner and outer fairings wont bolt together. thanks

H

hickman customs

yes, there are 6x9s, but they have to have a small magnet. I was wondering what model speaker I need to order. I purchased kickers, but they are to thick

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
Did a mock up with our Hertz hi energy's 6x9's its close. Taking the rubber off the magnet might help a bit. If i cant get them in there i am going to run Hertz Hi energy XL components I think. Although we are doing a different outer fairing so hopefully the 6x9's will fit.

Last edited:

CamtechCustom

One of THE 150!
Actually, there is an alpine, a hertz and a Rockford that fits. I will put them in the instructions for u guys. Don't let the size of the magnet fool you. New technology and magnet science used now you don't need huge magnets.

Last edited:

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
Actually, there is an alpine, a hertz and a Rockford that fits. I will put them in the instructions for u guys. To all u audio gods go read some more! Don't let the size of the magnet fool you. New technology and magnet science used now you don't need huge magnets
Your right. Neo magnets like what Boston Acoustis made popular are great. But the dept of a speaker also has to do with the excursion of the speaker. The deeper the basket generally means the more the cone can move. There for making more bass. I can only hope Hertz makes some more installer friendly speakers.

Last edited:

CamtechCustom

One of THE 150!
Matt I understand woofer extension voice coils etc. The truth is all the baskets are almost identical in depth allowing very similar excursion it's the size of the ridiculous magnets that increase the mounting depth.

Last edited:

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
Matt I understand woofer extension voice coils etc. The truth is all the baskets are almost identical in depth allowing very similar excursion it's the size of the ridiculous magnets that increase the mounting depth.
I was just hoping to use the hertz hi energy 6x9's because thats what we hoped would fit. I bust the guys from Hertz's balls about the size of their stuff all the time. We have a hard time fitting it in cars most of the time. Also that I know what it would sound like because of a dragonfly we did hertz 6x9's on. But having just about any 6x9 in your face is going to be loud!

Last edited:

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
I dont have a problem putting a $100 set of speakers in mine if they sound good! I'm not much into buyin a name just so my buddies can see that I spent some coin! That bein said, Cameron what have you used that sounds the best?

Latest posts