Cams

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Zach

Site Supporter
Are you 96" or 103"? I like the looks of the 222. Go for it.

You got all the tools to do the job?

Zach

Opunui

You know Zach I have the 96" and I like the low end torque on it.special tools like...inner brg install and removal tool. I have a set of adjustable push rods. Not that hard to do.not replacing any tensioners or support plates.

Zach

Site Supporter
I think you'll like them. Lots of people thinking they are going to be a great bolt in option over on Harley Tech Talk. Very similar to a Andrews 57 which has proven VERY good.

Was asking about the tools in case you wanted to borrow my set. I've got the JIMS inner bearing install, a set of push rod tube pliers, sprocket locking tool. None of it is really necessary, but it sure makes the job go quick and easy.

Zach

Opunui

Zach would love to borrow or if there not to expensive lead me in the right direction. Thanks

Zach does your installer set the brg to the right depth also or do you have a separate installer and puller

Zach

Site Supporter
Right on.

FYI - There is a lip behind the bearing that is part of the case. Can't really set them in to far unless you really crank on the tool and bust them through the lip. It's a pretty simple procedure.

Biggest tip I can give you is on the adjustable push rods. Wait for the lifters to bleed down before you rotate the engine. I wait 15 minutes (which is more than enough). This is really the only place you can cause engine damage. An out of time cam will run like shit, but is not likely to create damage. Make sure the timing marks are aligned.

Zach

Opunui

zach i did some research and these seem to be the "the up and coming" cam for our customs. But hey thanks for your offer.I was just joking with you.

aloha,

Zach

Site Supporter
zach i did some research and these seem to be the "the up and coming" cam for our customs. But hey thanks for your offer.I was just joking with you.

aloha,

All good man. I I think you will like them. Wood knows his shit for sure.

Zach

Big Evil

Site Supporter
Let us all know your impressions once installed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts