Cams X2

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
I'd like to know what you guys have heard or experienced with a 103 cam swap? I've been looking and really haven't found much useful information.

I've got a 11' 103" a t-max, akrapovic, and a SE super sucker.

Anyway, want a 2800-5800 or 3000-6000 torque range and a good lope at idle..

Thanks in advance for your usefully intelligent answers..

Zach

Site Supporter
There are so many options. Jump over to Harley Tech Talk and check out their dyno section. They have tons of charts with a huge range of cams. The lopey idle piece is going to be subjective. It's been my experience that it's hard to get a nice lope at idle with stock compression. One of the best sounding cams I have ever heard is the SE211. It runs well in that 3k - 6k rpm range, but really wakes up with a compression bump.

Zach

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
Fueling 574. Makes awesome power on dyno and has a nasty idle. Just put them in a 96" and a 103"

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Zach

Site Supporter
T-Man!!!!!

I love my TR590's, but what would be a good choice for a stock compression 103"? Seems like most of T-Man's stuff likes 10.5:1 or more.

Those Fueling 574's look good too. I'm also curious to see how that new Wood 222 comes out. I think Opunui is putting a set in his anytime now.

Zach

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
I have been putting the 54H Andrews in them.... Run good with them. Also TR's 555 are a great bagger can as well. SE 255 for a 96"... Never tried em in a 103

crutter

Site Supporter
I am liking my 255 in my 103 with stock compression. It runs great down low and at cruising rpm but falls off above 4500 just like it is designed to do. I will be switching to a tmann once I am ready to do head work though.

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
I am liking my 255 in my 103 with stock compression. It runs great down low and at cruising rpm but falls off above 4500 just like it is designed to do. I will be switching to a tmann once I am ready to do head work though.

That's good to know Crutter... Thanks for the info! You will love the Tman shit no matter what u decide to get!!

jetlag

Nomad
For a 103 with stock compression and stock heads, its hard to beat the SE204. Andrews 57 also gets good reviews from the folks that run them.

I ran the 204s in a 103 for two years, that was one of the sweetest running Harleys I've ever owned or ridden. Mild idle lope, cool running motor and quiet valvetrain. They'll pull as hard off idle as the 255s will, without the heat or detonation issues. I'd save the 255s for the 07-08 96 inch bikes with the too-tall gearing.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Zach

Site Supporter
For a 103 with stock compression and stock heads, its hard to beat the SE204. Andrews 57 also gets good reviews from the folks that run them.

I ran the 204s in a 103 for two years, that was one of the sweetest running Harleys I've ever owned or ridden. Mild idle lope, cool running motor and quiet valvetrain. They'll pull as hard off idle as the 255s will, without the heat or detonation issues. I'd save the 255s for the 07-08 96 inch bikes with the too-tall gearing.
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

More good options. I always forget about the 204's. A friend runs them in his '07 and it runs great.

I'm not gonna make the Oyster Run man. Have a great time if you go.

Zach

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
I've got the Woods 555's in mine. Last time I had it dyno'ed, was when I had the UP Yours exhaust on it. Here is my sheet.

There were 2 pulls on this graph. He stopped short on the dyno tune because a situation arose. He bugged me to put it back on later because he thought there was more there, but time didn't allow.
Forgot to add the build. Stock block and heads -103, SEPST tuner, SE A/C, up yours exhaust.

Last edited:

Marc

Shoulda mentioned push rods?

Anybody BENT there pushrods??? I'm thinking of using .090" walled ones, instead of the .120".

Let's here what you all have experienced?
Remember my motor is stock internally.

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
Why not u don't have to adjust them. They don't loosen up. I've never had a bent push rod on a twin cam

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Marc

Obviously it's my first time round with a twin cam. I've always replaced all my push rods in other things like evos and v8's which I always installed studs and adjustable rockers on the autos with hardened pushrods?

But I like easy!!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Obviously it's my first time round with a twin cam. I've always replaced all my push rods in other things like evos and v8's which I always installed studs and adjustable rockers on the autos with hardened pushrods?

But I like easy!!

6-1 half dozen to the other...

Adjuatables let you do it without pulling the heads, stock rods make it stupid easy, you just have to pull the heads.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2