Cam question.

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bige

Site Supporter
I have a 09Sg 96ci with PCIII, Vance and Hines header & klock werk slip-ons and k&N breather. What y'all's option for the best cam for this set up. Talked to the guy at the shop about it and he said something about some 535's. Any one heard of this?

NHBAGGER

Site Supporter
Tman's 555 torquesters seem to do well, but I would give Drago a call. Sometimes it can make a difference depending on your riding style as to options. I lean more towards low end torque whereas some go more for the higher end HP.

LeonardAuto

Site Supporter
Im in the same boat, 09 w/96. Couple of my buddy's keep tellin me to buy a set of 10.5:1 SE pistons and bore mine out to 103 if im gonna go buying cams, claims of like 110HP with out much more jing. Any insight on this guys?

denimglide57

Yea you definitely want the heads done. My bike is at the shop right now getting the heads done and my cams are already in went with the wood 777. My bikes a 12 so it's already a 103. I didn't wanna get to crazy. But I did end up buying a thundermax which is crazy but I wanted the best tuner to get the most out of my setup.

LeonardAuto

Site Supporter
But back to where I was originally if someone was looking to not spend much. No head work. Boring the 96 out to SE103 only costs like $500 extra. And it should bump it up over 105hp. Prob the only time you'll ever gain 15hp for $500

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

51moe

Site Supporter
Well, you dont have to remove the jugs to do the cams...but as was said before, if you are gonna get the jugs done might as well do the heads while they are off.

BROWNIE96

I'm in the same boat. I have the 96 with a 2 into 1 SE heavy breather and power commander looking for more bottom end torque. What do you Guys suggest for that. I'm looking to get the most reliable HP increase that I can with out dropping in a new engine.

Latest posts