Budget 26

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

AKPrice

One of THE 150!
I am looking for the guys that have done 26's on a budget. I really want a 26 and I know I can get it done and extended bags with all the little penny nickel and dime'n parts that add up. I'm just looking for what you guys think would be the low end I'v added up a lot of the high end. Maybe some pointers to help keep the cost down would be great also. I love my bike now, but I really want a 26 and I can afford to go all out but I'd rather spend a little less yet still have the bike ride good and look great and still can add a part here and there down the road. I paint so im not worried about that aspect. Lets here what you guys think.

808Bagger

I think you'll save a whole lot if you done it yourself. I know you live in Canada cause shipping on big parts sucks even in Hawaii!

The other way too is going through the venders...

slothy

Balls
I think you'll save a whole lot if you done it yourself. I know you live in Canada cause shipping on big parts sucks even in Hawaii!

The other way too is going through the venders...

Man....don't insult him.... Alaska is America not Canadian lol... Just fn with ya.

Buy used and do it your self. Rake kit is cheap. Pick up some trees, fender and wheel and u have a basic 26 setup

808Bagger

Lol that's right! He's in Alaska! Shipping still sucks for us 3 locations!

Ratio for shipping,

$5.00 for the 48 states = $500 to us 3 locations..lol

That's $495 I can use for a 636 overlay!!!!!!

AKPrice

One of THE 150!
Haha yeah shipping is a killer. Only reason I want to do it on a budget is because I have two other projects going on too. And I will be doing it all myself I think of I went to any of the three bike shops we have here they would look at my like I'm stupid haha. Alright guys who's ready to go up to a 30"? Haha

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Haha yeah shipping is a killer. Only reason I want to do it on a budget is because I have two other projects going on too. And I will be doing it all myself I think of I went to any of the three bike shops we have here they would look at my like I'm stupid haha. Alright guys who's ready to go up to a 30"? Haha

I have seen some of the 2D wheels CHEAP... That would be a big cost saver...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I thought I saw some on ebay, but I would talk to Wanaryd, Pickard, and Thomason to see what they could do for you.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

RLJ676

Look at Thomason's prices on his site and in his section in the classifieds here. Very affordable cool 26" options.

Also, some guys have had good luck w/ the 13 degree Kewl Metal trees, they could help save cost of cutting but there's a chance it won't work perfect for some setups it sounds like.

AKPrice

One of THE 150!
MIne will be getting cut and raked and ill tig it all back up. Im thinking I want to use Yaffe's neck so I can pick the stretch. Is there a minimum recommended stretch?

slothy

Balls
Little over 1".

Best way is to mount tank/console/switchand mock up where head is going to be. You'll see what will work and what won't with out modifying other things.

Tack the block on frame side for mock up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T

Thomason Performance

Look at Thomason's prices on his site and in his section in the classifieds here. Very affordable cool 26" options.

Also, some guys have had good luck w/ the 13 degree Kewl Metal trees, they could help save cost of cutting but there's a chance it won't work perfect for some setups it sounds like.

Thank you again!

Anything I can help with please don't hesitate to ask! I've got a couple pretty affordable options, plus with your forum member discount it makes it that much nicer. Let me know if I can help!

Thanks,
Greg

Latest posts