BR's Bars Cutting wires

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

PA_SILVERBACK

Anybody running BR's sweeping apes on a Road Glide... Tried running the wires through on the throttle side 3 different times now and they keep peeling the coating and cutting the wires... Tried two different kinds of electrical tape and also tried rumming the control wires seperate from the throttle wires.. No matter what They keep slicing them up ... I have to do a bike delivery tomorrow to NY and wwill probably stopping by BR's to see if Bill can get them through or not... I've never had this trouble with any other bars...... Any suggestions..... Tried some rail lube on the harness also to try and get it to slide easier, No go

PA_SILVERBACK

The heat shrink is getting cut also... I'm thinking there are some major Burrs inside at the gussets....

The Rail Lude (used for a lubricant on the daughters crossbow) is some slippery stuff,,, It didn't help at all..

I'm all kinds of confused... I've installed a few different bars before and have never had this much trouble

tboner

On a custom set of bars with sharp curves the only thing that worked for me (after 3 days of try'n) was to get a heat gun and heat the wires up as your feeding them thru. it made them real soft and pliable, it got them thru with just cosmetic damage but no shorts or cuts....tboner

lumper

make sure your soldered joints are staggered.
X2, if you have a big ball of joints it'll be a bitch...

exactly.
In their video they make a point to show the staggering especially with their designs and all the bends.
He explains your not going to have an easy time with it unless you stagger them all to minimize girth.

I love those bars, imagine wiring the double lightening bolt bars they have?
Anyway unless you did stagger them well, that should give you a lot more room pulling them through.

Lump

PA_SILVERBACK

Update !! Stopped by and seen Bill and Tracey.. They had them wires ran in 30 seconds flat.. Lesson learned= Take the wire loom and electrical tape off and run the wires free...He put a cat leash down through, put 3 wires up ahead of the others and then used painters tape to hold them to the chain... After they are started out the bottom of the bars He unwrapped them and fed each through by themselves... I've installed lots of bars, But none with these extremem corners.. I've been Schooled..LOL .

Talk about customer service, Bill goes up and beyond above all.... Can't wait for Hm to take a ride over so We can tip a few cold ones back....

smokenjoep01

How busy was the shop? Placed a order over 8 weeks ago . They said 5 weeks. There website says currently a 5 week wait.
What type of time frame have they delivered for any of ya running there bars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh1

I spoke with him on the phone seems like a great guy and business man!
Went with 1 1/2 vindikta bars and the quality is insane and there prices are really good. Joe the owner is awesome!
Oh and running the wires even on 1 1/2 bars with Yaffae style bends was a royal P.I.T.A, but when done it looks killer!

smokenjoep01

A hour after I posted. 230 on a saturday. Fed Ex showed up with my bars. But they will not work. There for a stock rake. No offset to clear the fairing.
I will call him Monday morn. I have some shit luck:(
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349563799.900108.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349563824.967108.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349563846.053584.jpg

Yeaux

A hour after I posted. 230 on a saturday. Fed Ex showed up with my bars. But they will not work. There for a stock rake. No offset to clear the fairing.
I will call him Monday morn. I have some shit luck:(
View attachment 11118View attachment 11119View attachment 11120

Hey Joe, what's the details on these bars? Height, pull back, 1 1/2, what bar style? Been wanting to swap my bars out. Maybe we can work something out.

Yeaux

smokenjoep01

There very close to stock specs. I like the hand position of the stock bars. I just wanted some bars for the custom appearance.
Once I talk with him about how he wants to proceed. I will keep you posted. FYI, I paid around 300 for them. And waited 8 weeks.

slothy

Balls
update your top clamp :D

unless my memory is bad, everything tilts with the trees, so why wouldnt the bars work raked vs not? looks like you got rg/rk bars instead of batwing

Bill

I used to own some shit!
update your top clamp :D

unless my memory is bad, everything tilts with the trees, so why wouldnt the bars work raked vs not? looks like you got rg/rk bars instead of batwing

I agree...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts