Bike wont start..not picking up key fob

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Mr.Goodtime

Site Supporter
Hey guys,,my bike has been down since oct...However yesturday i got it close to being finished and wanted to hear my new pipe..So i gassed it up and fired it up...Pipe sounded great and i was happy. shut it off and about an hour later tried to start it again and nothing...My key on the speedo that blinks or stays red to let you know you need the key near is staying red. the blinkers are flashing letting me know its not reading the fob..I went and replaced the battery in the fob thinking it had died and still not reconizing the fob???????

thecort

Hey guys,,my bike has been down since oct...However yesturday i got it close to being finished and wanted to hear my new pipe..So i gassed it up and fired it up...Pipe sounded great and i was happy. shut it off and about an hour later tried to start it again and nothing...My key on the speedo that blinks or stays red to let you know you need the key near is staying red. the blinkers are flashing letting me know its not reading the fob..I went and replaced the battery in the fob thinking it had died and still not reconizing the fob???????

May sound dumb but was the replacement battery fresh?

Tap it!

thecort

You may have to also re-link the fob after changing the battery.
While standing next to the bike, press & hold the fob button for 10-15 seconds until the security system responds with two turn signal flashes/siren chirps.

Tap it!

Last edited:

Zach

Site Supporter
Any chance your fob is near another electrical device? They can cause interference. On my road glide, if I put my fob in the glove box that my amp is near it won't start.

You can also try taking the fob out of range (50 feet), then coming back in range. I've had to do that more than once. One of these days I'm going to swap out the tssm for a tssm and be done with this pos alarm.

Zach

Zach

Latest posts