Bike lift sunk in floor

WhiteGoldSG

Figured id put a thread together showing what I did over a weekend with the TITAN 1500XLT-E motorcycle lift I won care of the CHOPPED BAGGERS MOST INFORMATIVE THREAD CONTEST (thanks Marc)

I originally won the Titan 1000D-XLT, but since I wanted to flush it in the floor, the lifting height wouldnt have been high enough, so Mark was cool with me paying the difference to get the 1500XLT-E model. This lift is electric/hydraulic, lifts up to 1500lbs and has a lifting height of 42", so even after I sunk it 7" into the floor, I still have 35" of lift height...higher than my direct lift that is in my other shop which only lifts 1000lbs to 33"

Gotta give a HUGE thanks to Jeff (REFICUL). My man is a bad ass fabricator who fabed up the steel pan that I cut into the floor for the lift to sit in, as well as leant me his concrete saw and jack hammer for the demo work...and his brute strength helpin me drop the pan and lift in the ground!! Lol

Here are a few pics of the project as it progressed. Jeff, his buddy, and I made the pan on thursday, and I had the project done by the following tuesday. Would have had it done quicker, but I coated both sides of the pan in POR 15 and had to wait for it to cure 6-8 hours between coats (2 coats on each side)

Picking up the lift at Fedex terminal

Lift on floor

U can see in the back round the lifts electric over hydro motor.. It is a bad ass smooth as butter unit, hovever I got rid of the floor stand and mounted it on the wall (pics down further)

Last edited:

WhiteGoldSG

Heres a few pics of the pan being fabricated

Made it out of 1/8" steel. Bent a one piece main pan and welded end cap on the short ends.

WhiteGoldSG

Figuring out placement and marking it out for the cut

Masked off and ready for demo

WhiteGoldSG

Coating the pan in POR 15

Cut and break up done

Hole prepped and leveled to perfect depth with a hard pack bottom and 2" of concrete for extra support
Also ran 2 2.5" conduit pipes for the hydro line, air line, and electric to have undr the lift

Pan in the hole and prepped for POR

After coated with POR

WhiteGoldSG

Lift placed into the pan

The control panel I mounted on the wall to eliminate the floor stand

And some pics with a bike up on the lift. Jeff bemt me another piece of steel to bridge the front gap so it looks nice and finished now. I have to get more pics of the conduit trench filled back in, and im goin to reepoxy the floor to make it nice and pretty. Lol. This is where I park my bikes and work on them as well as others bikes when doing quicker jobs. I have a shop behind my house that I use when a bike is gonna be on the lift for awhile.

I love having the loft in the ground. I can fit multiple bike in without having to worry about moving the lift around, amd can also pull a car in no problem. I have the side extensions for the lift also, so i can rack a quad or whatever else fits on it and weighs 1500 or less

Baggerbill

Site Supporter
Nice job Mike!! Always taking it to the next level!!

BTW I didn't know they had hillbillies in NJ? But after seeing that spider web backstop in the trunk, I do now:) LMAO

DirtyDan

Very Nice! i wish I could do something like that but i have a post tension slab and cant cut into it.

shrknz

As always, you did some killer work. That has to be one of the nicest installs I have seen yet.

Latest posts