Big wheels w/ highway bars

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

ClevoRG

The bike below is not mine. It was built in Gastonia by the bike exchange. Advertised as having a 13.5 degree rake. Intriguing as they retained the stock highway bars. Anyone else have experience with big wheels and keeping the stock crash bars? Dont get me wrong, i love the look of no crash bar, but have dropped mine twice where the crash bar saved the bike and tons of $$.

DSC_0003.jpg

thecort

I'd love to get rid of mine, but like you I dropped the bike last year & the crash bar (should be called drop bar lol) saved the day!
I'll never say never though...especially being a part of this place! Lol

Tap it!

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
I go rid of min but had custom one made from brcustom in New York area
I love the look..ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343043778.483838.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343043818.401473.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343043838.784474.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343043881.917317.jpg

And I will be putting it back on with my big 26 wheel

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
Mines still on. Thought about removing it, but haven't for the reason above. As long as you add rake when you add wheel size, they fit. Mine has the stock Harley Trike trees which I think are 4* over stock with the 23" and there are no clearance issues.

ClevoRG

Slothy-saw the video of his bike this AM. Ive seen lots of other bikes done this way, just didnt know if there's a hard and fast rule for X degrees of rake to clear bars w/ a 26"

Bagged64

This is good to know. Thought about going bigger wheel, but hadn't seen pics with engine guards on the bikes with them. I will never get rid of mine, I believe they saved my legs when I was in my accident. 70mph slamming on the side, doesn't sound like my leg would have made it without them.

ClevoRG

This is good to know. Thought about going bigger wheel, but hadn't seen pics with engine guards on the bikes with them. I will never get rid of mine, I believe they saved my legs when I was in my accident. 70mph slamming on the side, doesn't sound like my leg would have made it without them.

I work in a trauma ICU. Seen a few too many guys lose legs that could have (probably) been saved by a crash bar. Not preaching at anyone, just my personal decision. And coming from a guy who doesnt wear a helmet when not required. :60:

Latest posts