best year SG to buy for customizing 2006-2010

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

Hello everyone

In my quest to buy a harley SG and I am truly not trying to finance a 2011/12. If you just had to buy used what would be the better years to buy? Also keeping in mind that my plans right now is to make it a slamming bagger with either 23 or 26'' wheel and diferent fenders,etc

dude, the best year to rake is the one you get for the best price! I am a craigslist fanatic and seen a 2011 RG in MB for 11.5k... week later it went to 13.5k, but who cares... a freakin 2011 bagger for 13.5k!!! Just keep an ey on the most optioned bike you can find at the best price.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Try and get an Ultra, there's more shit to sell off of it...

I bought a 2010 Ultra chromed out with 1900 miles on it for $17K. Sold over $6000 off of it takin.g my net initial cost to $11k.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

not sure where ya are? but perfect example just like Bill said! 2010 Classic $16k... what is this world coming to? LoL

http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/mcy/3156150372.html

Try and get an Ultra, there's more shit to sell off of it...

I bought a 2010 Ultra chromed out with 1900 miles on it for $17K. Sold over $6000 off of it takin.g my net initial cost to $11k.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Zach

Site Supporter
My dad is selling an 06 SG with a 103". 50k something miles, only 12k or so on the motor. It's a factory reman. Nice bike.

I think he wants around $13k. Located in Oregon.

Zach

Ken Stewart

Try and find a eg standard or police bike can usually get them around ten my brother got a 09police eg with.a 103 and 3000 miles.for.that price

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
I gotta a 01Road King Classic (88 ci) 5 speed I cant give away. Mind you its got 80k on it but runs good and is very strong for those miles. It also looks tons better than my 07 SG im building. I could see people worrying about the miles but it runs so dam good and is still very strong. If I cant get 8,300.00 for it I'm keeping it. I guess I'll have two. I was trying to sell it to suplement my build but if I complete it before this one sells, I guess I'll have an extra bike so someone else can go for a ride.

RLJ676

If I was doing it over I'd buy an EG or RG for way less than a street glide. All the things that I like about the SG are stuff I'd be changing now anyways.....rear fender/lights, front fender, seat, air ride to lower, etc. The money I saved up front would pay for more stuff.

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
If I was doing it over I'd buy an EG or RG for way less than a street glide. All the things that I like about the SG are stuff I'd be changing now anyways.....rear fender/lights, front fender, seat, air ride to lower, etc. The money I saved up front would pay for more stuff.

LOL but if you baught it brand new it would be the same price. NO $$$$$ saved up front. Sorry thats me being a smart ass

Latest posts